• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How are these prices for used MDs?

I don't know about the others, but he seems very high on his Bounty Hunter machines. He is asking $10.00 less than what I could find the Sharp Shooter II. The 4" Gold Nugget coil can be picked up for less than $30.00 new online too.

I am sure someone will chime in on the others.

Doug

There are so many screwy things here starting with that price and probable lie about the Treasure Ace 300.
Don't go near this guy.

Give us a price range on what you can spend and we can help you out with some good advice and recommendations.

Under $200 for a GOOD used MD. Keeping in mind I'm a beginner and probably don't need some of the more advanced features on the high end units, and yet still has the ones that I'd find myself wishing I had in the near future, once I've gotten into the swing (no pun intended) things.

sponsers

Check out the sponsers on here. I know you can get a new Ace 250 for around 200.00 . I have dealt with NED and Kelly Co. , and have nothing but good things to say about them. If your looking used, check the classifieds on here. Its pretty safe buying here.

If you CALL the dealers you might be surprised on the prices without the "free" garbage.

In your range...New...Recomended.
F2
Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre ($160), or a Silver for about $250, maybe less.

All are popular around here.
The F2,(my favorite), and 250 have screens, easier for a newbie to learn on at first, the other two you learn to hunt by sound using your brain and ears, which takes longer but will ultimately serve you better no matter what you swing in the future.

Some like the Bounty Hunters, (all have VDI screens), stay away from the low end on these.
The classifieds have great deals from time to time, but you gotta act fast on the best ones.

on those detectors I would pass

I think you need to look at other towns on Craigslist near you for a better detector. Price seems high or the detector seems like a cheapy at high prices. I don't know about that one White's there sounds like a old one. I could have maybe still can get a White's DFX for $500 it sold new for $1,100 the guy told me and the price I seen on Kellyco was $1,199 I think for a brand new one .

Try other cities near you on Craigslist over on the left side you can type in metal detector and it will search all of for sale for detectors. I could have got a slightly used M6 for $500 I got a good deal on mine new for $600 with head phones from a dealer I have done business with a few times. you can buy Garrett Ace 250 for like $150 to $200 in Michigan should be able to get one out there for the same price. My M6 is pretty much a turn it on and go detector adjust discrimination to where you want it and sensitivity all the way up if no powerlines are above you. If you get a chance to buy a old Eagle ll for $100 to $200 and you see it works like it should can test it buy it you'll be happy. I wish I had my old Eagle ll over this M6 right now. It sold for $850 new in the mid 80s. I paid $450 used found coins down 10 to 12 inches with it . Get a look at the battery packs make sure they aren't rusted or battery corrosion in them.

M6 by White's If you see some old 70s detectors make sure they work and don't pay over $25 for one there is a guy up here selling 2 for $55.

If you just want to start out detecting

Buy one you can see it works and buy it cheap under $70 and get them to lower the price. Try the sport and resell it on Craigslist later if you like the sport do a old town sidewalk to curb . Like I said in earlier post look at other Craigslist near you use the left hand search on Craigs list where it will say for sale and type in metal detector as people list them in other catagories other than electronics like barter general sports garage sale free and maybe one other one. Good luck and don't be in a hurry. New deals come on Craigslist daily and make sure it is functional. My dealer told me people get ripped off by people saying it only needs batteries.

I checked you town for detectors Dewey

Looking at Boise by using Craigslist and typing in metal detector on the left side above for sale there were lots of better detectors available but remember you have other cities that might be near you over on the right side of Craigslist for Boise you see the list.

M6 by White's Greenville Michigan
I sent u a message but if you don't check your messages here is a list people here can tell you what they think of these I seen in barter garage sale and other catagories
Xterra 505 metal detector
White's Coin Master
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
White's Prizm ll

Yeah, agree with everyone else. I would do some checking around first.

Only one I saw that may be worth the money was the musketeer. Otherwise they all seemed a bit to high to me.

Back
Top Bottom