Greetings from Coastal Carolina

RBachman

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I've been lurking, reading and learning from the forums and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm Richard, just got my first metal detector, and as mentioned in the title, I live along the South Carolina coast, near Myrtle Beach.

I'm new to metal detecting and hadn't really thought about it until a slight property confusion with a neighbor last month inspired us to borrow a detector to locate a marker. Playing with it was a lot of fun and led me to buy my own detector.

I'm thinking the beaches here would be a good place to search, and also some property I own along the Trail-of-Tears in North Carolina.

Anyway, thanks for a great forum!

RichardB

welcome from the Lowcountry of SC.

I spent some time at the beach this morning until the heat and humidity kicked my backside. could not drink water as fast as it was coming out in sweat.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.

What kind of detector do you have?

After a bit of research I purchased a Garrett AT-Max and a Z-Lynk carrot. A good bit came in the package deal, but I'm still trying to decide on a scoop for beach use. I may upgrade eventually as I get more involved and if the hobby sticks. But right now I'm just trying to learn this machine while researching the advantages and disadvantages of the different technologies, as well as manufacturer's quality, customer service and their truthfulness of performance claims.

WOW!! Thanks for the warm and inviting welcome! 'Looking forward to learning more and getting to know people. What a great community of fellow enthusiasts!

Thanks again!

Richard B.

Back
Top Bottom