Kino Beach Sonora Mexico

40acre1870

Forum Supporter
I will be leaving for Hermosillo Mexico in 3 weeks for work and I will be there for the remainder of the year. I have a job, where the employers actually care about us, so while I am there, we will also have a beach house in Kino Bay for the weekends... Looks like I will be doing a lot of MD'ing while I am there.

Has anyone done any searching in the Kino Bay area and are there any laws concerning MD'ing in Mexico, that I should be aware of?

I have never done any beach hunting, so everything will be new to me. I am looking for Spanish gold ;}

I have an AT Pro and I am not sure how well it will work in salt water conditions. I am willing to upgrade to a very nice salt water machine, if there are any suggestions.

Mike

Attachments

• kino.jpg
    kino.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 9,152
Without knowing the conditions there I would recommend the Excalibur II. It is one of the best all around water machines out there. Its a little pricey but you get what you pay for. If the beaches are iron free I would get a Whites Dual Field. I have and use both and they each have their place. If you have the money I would bring both. Whenever I go away I try to bring both. Also don't skimp on a long handled sand scoop, you will need a good one. Good Luck and HH!

You're American, right? They don't have the news where you live? Mexico? Really? LOL

You'll be fine....Detecting in Mexico is perfectly legal, no worries there. Locals will be curious, just keep the good stuff aside and show them all the old pesos you find and laugh....
Use your common sense and have fun!

You're American, right? They don't have the news where you live? Mexico? Really? LOL

Ha ha... I know, but I go where my employer points. It is a great area though. There are a lot of Americans working in that area.

Plus the roadside stands in the area have hot dogs that are wrapped in bacon... Wrapped in bacon. That right there is well worth the risk.

Mike

I'm always SO tempted to get in to a discussion when i see someone say things like that, this time i'll give in and try to keep it nonpolitical as per forum rules....
The state where i reside, the Yucatan, has a murder rate of 2 per 100,000 inhabitants, comparable to Wyoming or Montana... And to compare capitals like wash dc with a whopping 31.4 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants vs mexico city at 8 per 100,000 would have me believe that the US is too dangerous to visit...but i know better....To make a blanket statement about any country based on what is going on in one area is to not understand the situation.
ps, the bacon wrapped hotdogs are GOOD....

I am a season ticket holder for the Detroit Tigers, so I am not too concerned. Every major city has areas that you know to stay away from.

I was in Mexico City last year working on the Ford Fiesta in Cuatitlan and I had never seen so many people in one place in my entire life and not a single problem. I was more worried about the earthquakes than anything.

Mike

Hotrod Tom... Thanks for the advice.

I was looking for long handled sand scoop, and I was thinking about the 41" Beachmaster Water Scoop, KellyCo has them for $89.

Who uses the Beachmaster scoop and is it worth the money?

Thanks everyone.

Mike

I'm always SO tempted to get in to a discussion when i see someone say things like that, this time i'll give in and try to keep it nonpolitical as per forum rules....
The state where i reside, the Yucatan, has a murder rate of 2 per 100,000 inhabitants, comparable to Wyoming or Montana... And to compare capitals like wash dc with a whopping 31.4 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants vs mexico city at 8 per 100,000 would have me believe that the US is too dangerous to visit...but i know better....To make a blanket statement about any country based on what is going on in one area is to not understand the situation.
ps, the bacon wrapped hotdogs are GOOD....

The government site says Mexico... Not part of mexico, or this city and not that, it states Mexico...

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html List of countries with travel warnings

To say that I don't understand the situation is also a blanket statement,

What I understand is what is factual. Our government is warning against americans travelling to Mexico... You may be okay....or not...lol

To do so is at your own risk was all I was saying. :)

Back
Top Bottom