Huge scare today!

CarsonChris

Elite Member
I took my two dogs out detecting with me today and we had a great time. On the way home I did a spit shine on my finds to find a date. I wrapped the coins up in toilet paper and sat them in my cubby hole in the middle console. I decide to stop at my local carniceria to buy some carne for dinner. I’m in the store for five minutes top. Me and the Mrs get back in the truck and the Mrs says Sassy(my little corgi) got into the tissue. No big deal. I pull into my driveway a couple minutes later and look in the cubby. I see the IHP I found but the large cent is missing. OMG, I’m freaking out. Taking everything out of the truck. Nothing. Can’t find my find. Race back down to the carniceria. Nope, not there. !!!!, come home and take my pinpointer and go over the dog. Thank god, no beep. Go back out to the truck and we start looking more using flash lights in the nooks and crannies. Luckily it’s wedged in by the seat buckle. 0223E674-E37B-4116-BF04-2E2CDC173087.jpeg

Pinpointer in one hand, sharpened knife in the other...

Thank God..

Glad you found it!

Congrats!

#Coronabored...

Heart attack moment. “I’ve been torn off! It was right there! I swear I’m going to find out who...Oh, here it is.”:D
Been there done that. Glad you found it.

I took my two dogs out detecting with me today and we had a great time. On the way home I did a spit shine on my finds to find a date. I wrapped the coins up in toilet paper and sat them in my cubby hole in the middle console. I decide to stop at my local carniceria to buy some carne for dinner. I’m in the store for five minutes top. Me and the Mrs get back in the truck and the Mrs says Sassy(my little corgi) got into the tissue. No big deal. I pull into my driveway a couple minutes later and look in the cubby. I see the IHP I found but the large cent is missing. OMG, I’m freaking out. Taking everything out of the truck. Nothing. Can’t find my find. Race back down to the carniceria. Nope, not there. !!!!, come home and take my pinpointer and go over the dog. Thank god, no beep. Go back out to the truck and we start looking more using flash lights in the nooks and crannies. Luckily it’s wedged in by the seat buckle. View attachment 462267

paranoia runs deep!.into your life it will creep
starts when you are always afraid, step outta line?
man come, and take you away! ehe! heh! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

When my dog, that has medical issues, may have swallowed a coin. Yes, for me a top 50 issue. I’ve got around $8000 in vet bills from her. So besides losing a coin I didn’t want to lose the dog.
I didn’t realize that your dog may have swallowed the coin. I must have read past that part, I only read that perhaps you lot the coin in vehicle. Sorry.

Same happened to me with my English Springer Spaniel pup. I went upstairs and found part of a steel wool pad pulled apart. I just knew he had swallowed some. Use the pin pointer and 800 to check the pup. He would not stand still much (he was about 4 months old) thought it was a game. Pinpointer found nothing, but the 800 beeped a little. But that was back when I first got the 800 and it beeped at darn near everything before I learned how to tame the 800.

Turns out the dog was a chewer but does not swallow anything but food. Even to this day when he chews some of my grandson's plastic toys he just chews them into small pieces.

Yeah, I get real concerned about my dog. Dogs that swallow things they should not they can really be in trouble.

Same happened to me with my English Springer Spaniel pup. I went upstairs and found part of a steel wool pad pulled apart. I just knew he had swallowed some. Use the pin pointer and 800 to check the pup. He would not stand still much (he was about 4 months old) thought it was a game. Pinpointer found nothing, but the 800 beeped a little. But that was back when I first got the 800 and it beeped at darn near everything before I learned how to tame the 800.

Turns out the dog was a chewer but does not swallow anything but food. Even to this day when he chews some of my grandson's plastic toys he just chews them into small pieces.

Yeah, I get real concerned about my dog. Dogs that swallow things they should not they can really be in trouble.

My dog was born with two diseases. Mega esophagus and myasthenia gravis. It caused some early starvation issues and stunted her growth. She’s overzealous trying to find and eat food now. She wasn’t trying to eat the coin, just the tissue. She did bite the coin hard enough to make her bleed. She’s 5 years old now. The vet told us to put her down at 11 weeks. Said she’d never make a year. She has the biggest personality of any dog I’ve been around. The 2 congenital diseases have led to 5 bouts of pneumonia hence the huge vet bills. I wouldn’t have it any other way though.

Back
Top Bottom