Scubadetective

Isn't the safest place to be right now is underwater ?

Has anyone heard from him ? Haven't seen him post in sometime. Hope is ok .

He has posted on Face book a lot lately , moved in to a new house ,already doing some spring recoveries . some recent post . ScubaDetector shared Robert Grattan's post
Page · 3.1K like this · Local Service
Mar 23 · · Not working folks. I am not a Bobsicle yet! A dive today at Mac Ray Harbor. The heated condo's are nice but the water is still FREEZING. Cell phone and boat cleaning pole and chamois. Pole was easy, Phone was hiding but feeling in the silt, I was able to find it. Who ordered this…

ScubaDetector shared Robert Grattan's post
Mar 22 · · Hopefully a Little More Closure for Family. One dive today. It was for a cell phone which dove off the ice and unfortunately took the life of the owner. I told the family I would retrieve it for them and today I had that opportunity. ALL of us at one time or another in life have made errors in judgement and if you are reading my post were able to survive the error. …

8 Comments
1 Share

Mar 26 · · Interesting day so far but not done. First dive of the day was a dock box in a canal. Easy find the first and second time I went to it but a little harder the third time. But it is out of the canal and so is his dock brush. Second dive was a marina that also lost dock boxes. No idea where…

1 Share

Mar 25 · · And today's fun is brought to you by a sinking pontoon. And what can possibly go wrong? First I get to the end of Anchor Bay drive to go to the island about 10 minutes late. Get to the island and access the situation. Pontoon owner has flotation bags and large inner tubes…

Has anyone heard from him ? Haven't seen him post in sometime. Hope is ok .

Dave is right, he is posting on Facebook, and it seems he was busy for a while moving to a new location closer to a lake.

I just found the link to his page for those who want to keep up on his adventures -

https://www.facebook.com/scubadetective/

Maybe eventually he might get back to posting on the forum again, people enjoyed reading about his underwater adventures.

scuba / facebook

thanx for bringing us up to speed. Scuba's posts were always cliff-hangers of great posse-hunt returns.

Sure he will get back on the forum before long, buying a new house , moving out of the old house , moving into a new house closer to the water , and getting his boat ready for the diving season has probably keep him pretty busy . If you check out his post on Face book you can see how busy he has been.

If you check on face book for Scuba also check under his name as well usally they are linked (Robert Grattan) as well as (Scubadetective)

I would rather dig nothing but pull tabs the rest of my life than go on Facebook. But thanks for the info. I'm glad is doing good and I will wait until he posts on here again.

scuba / facebook

I would rather dig nothing but pull tabs the rest of my life than go on Facebook. But thanks for the info. I'm glad is doing good and I will wait until he posts on here again.

I would imagine the main reason he is on Facebook is to let people know about and promote his recovery service he offers to find their lost items.

I am alive and well. Yes Facebook gives me all my business. I have gotten two phones, plugged two sea walls found a dock box and pulled a huge Toro Groundmaster tractor out of the water so far this year. Bought a home closer to my boat, and have had my grandchildren visiting because of the virus.

I have a few more dives scheduled tomorrow and been posting where folks respond.

I know some of you dislike Facebook, BUT I post a lot of positive stuff and have over 3 thousand followers on the lakes here in Michigan. My hobby is my fun and adventure and Facebook gives me a lot of exposure.

A lot of you don't detect the way I do or have the desire to. BUT I have a niche that is in high demand and helps me play a lot.

....I know some of you dislike Facebook, .....

Good to hear from you ScubaDetective. Your tallies, stories, dramas, have been missed reading lately.

As for FB, it's also not so much that some folks here simply don't happen to be on that, but also that it depends on which pages they're subscribing to, on FB. So therefore it's your divine-duty to post of your exploits here as well ! :laughing:

Good to hear from you ScubaDetective. Your tallies, stories, dramas, have been missed reading lately.

As for FB, it's also not so much that some folks here simply don't happen to be on that, but also that it depends on which pages they're subscribing to, on FB. So therefore it's your divine-duty to post of your exploits here as well ! :laughing:

Especially since you never know when Scuba might have some REALLY good finds like at this link -

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3207669#post3207669

…...just kidding :lol:

I am alive and well. Yes Facebook gives me all my business. I have gotten two phones, plugged two sea walls found a dock box and pulled a huge Toro Groundmaster tractor out of the water so far this year. Bought a home closer to my boat, and have had my grandchildren visiting because of the virus.

I have a few more dives scheduled tomorrow and been posting where folks respond.

I know some of you dislike Facebook, BUT I post a lot of positive stuff and have over 3 thousand followers on the lakes here in Michigan. My hobby is my fun and adventure and Facebook gives me a lot of exposure.

A lot of you don't detect the way I do or have the desire to. BUT I have a niche that is in high demand and helps me play a lot.
Glad to see your doing good and still diving. Just hadn't seen anything from ya in a while. Miss your posts and stories. Stay safe and hopefully we will get to see some of your adventures soon.

Problem with posting on this site is nobody responds. I feel my time here is over. Wasting it making posts that get no responses is not my idea of having fun.

Well I've learned quite a bit through your posts Robert, and while I'm sure I didn't see all your posts, the ones I did see were always inspiring and gave me great motivation to find better water spots. Im one of the few millenials that AREN'T on Facebook, so your presence has been missed by me, for sure. To each their own, and I wish you the best!

Stay safe,
Jeff

Problem with posting on this site is nobody responds. I feel my time here is over. Wasting it making posts that get no responses is not my idea of having fun.
I sure can't speak for anyone else but your post are some of the best on here not for what you find so much but what i think most will agree that it's more what you do for people and the type of person you are . Please don't quit this site . I agree there are alot of selfish and self centered people but most of us would really miss your posts.

Many times members might really enjoy a post but not really have a reply, but it would be nice if they would at least click on the

"Did you find this post helpful?"

so at least you could see how many times it was viewed.

…..as you can see you are missed here, but no hard feelings if you choose not to post, maybe you might at least consider a once a week post if nothing else ?

I dunno what you're talking about. Your stories/posts were filled with replies (atteboys, Q&A, dissenters, etc...) . I don't recall 'lack of traffic' on any posts that you make.

Back
Top Bottom