Busted CTX

NevTrac

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know how to separate the chassis from the display box on the Minelab CTX 3030? I have all the screws removed, but it doesn't want to separate. Also can you replace the plastic piece the coil mounts to or do you have to replace the whole lower shaft? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• busted ctx 2.jpg
    busted ctx 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 455
I've had mine apart. I don't think there was anything special to it.
I had mine apart so I could insert some (Gorilla?) CF tape where the housing is cutting into the shaft due to sand friction. I filled the cuts with CA glue/baking soda. When I eventually had to send it in for repair for something completely different Minelab replaced the shaft and other stuff at a great low cost.

I've had mine apart. I don't think there was anything special to it.
I had mine apart so I could insert some (Gorilla?) CF tape where the housing is cutting into the shaft due to sand friction. I filled the cuts with CA glue/baking soda. When I eventually had to send it in for repair for something completely different Minelab replaced the shaft and other stuff at a great low cost.

I just got it apart. I was afraid to apply to much pressure and screw things up more than they already were. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom