Thinking about getting a new MD

Rinker1989

Forum Supporter
Hello all . Im thinking about getting a new md im looking at the garrett 2500 and 1500 . Is there a big difference in the two? also are they both good md's . I own a garrett gtax 400 but it is on ebay right now as i would like to upgrade. Any help with reviews would be great thanks .

I have a Garrett GTI 1500 & I love it. It is my third Garrett detector. Besides the Garrett Ace I don't find too many people on the forums swinging Garretts. Seems like White's and Minelab pretty popular here. Find a local dealer and get a feel for what you like. Don't let anyone tell you that one brand is better than another. A friend of mine has Whites MXT and I couldn't find jack with it. He tried my Garrett and had the same results. The main difference between the 1500 and 2500 is the way the target imaging is displayed. For the money , I'd go with the 1500. In the end you'll learn that it's the operator not the brand name that gets the job done. Good luck in choosing and happy hunting !

Welcome aboard Rinker 1989... You are correct that the skill of the practitioner has a tremendous impact on what is found with any MD. That being said, the technology level of the machine will also enter into the equation at some point.. usually later in the learning curve. Good luck and HH RickO

I swing A Garrett GTI 1500. I just got back into the hobby from a 20 year layoff. I haven't gotten out much since I bought it a couple of months ago, but when I do I always find stuff. In the past I have owned a Fisher 1220X, Compass X80 Challenger and a Garrett X10 Workhorse. I like the 1500 that I have now, but knowing the gadget guy that I am I will probably branch out to other brands.

When it comes to any detector I think you will find research is the biggest investment of time when it comes to detecting. It's importent to know the area you intend to hunt, leastways it is for me. I have to maximize the time I do get to get out. I don't want to waste it at random areas. I guess that's why my detector is with me all the time.

Back
Top Bottom