First ring and 50c per hour - Follow Up

KirkS

Second time out. Went to a local beach concession stand area, and ended up only doing the sand areas around the stand. There are four small sandy sections, with sidewalks around them. I figured it would be a good place for clad.

I'm a night owl, and got there about 12:30 am, and stayed until about 6 am.

Ended up with (7) 25¢, (11) 10¢, (2) 5¢, and (13) 1¢, for a total of $3.08, or roughly 50¢ an hour. Also got 2 earrings, a charm, a 'ROXY' tag, a junker ring, and some junky blingy thing. I'm still learning, so I pretty much dug everything, and I also had 14.3 ounces of garbage.

Surprisingly, only 4 pulltabs.

Attachments

• IMG_0124 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0124 (Small).JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0126 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0126 (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Are you sure on your ring being a junker? Methinks it might be silver.

TBH, no, I'm not sure. At first glance I see no markings inside. What would be the best way to clean it?
Don't worry about trying to see the markings. Check with a magnet 1st. If it doesn't stick to the magnet my guess would be silver. I find many that look like that. Look at my post today, I found 2. You can clean using electrolysis, or baking soda and vinegar method. Youtube has lots of videos on how to do this. Sometimes those silver rings aren't worth cleaning as they will fall apart. It happened to me recently. I'm setting aside a little box just for those to sell as scrap silver later.

Cool! You are going to be doing very well in this Sport and have many strange and wonderful adventures being a Night Hunter...I look forward to what you find next!..
Mud

Very nice results! I personally think that you were definitely out there at the right times~ just you and the beach all to yourself.

Follow Up -

I went to go out last night, and I noticed my scoop wasn't in my car (Jeep Cherokee). So I figured I rinsed it off, and left it in the backyard. Nope. Maybe the shed? Nope. Must be at my store. Nope. WTH did I do with it? Maybe my wife moved it, and I'm just not seeing it. I'll have to ask her in the morning I thought to myself.

Asked the wife, and she had no clue what I was talking about. Great. Now I'm out a very expensive (over-priced?) piece of equipment, and it'll be another $100+ for a new one (this one is only 2 weeks old).

I didn't use it when I did the above hunt, but thought I would call the concession stand anyway just to see. Sure enough, they found it. I must've taken it out of the car, dragged it for a bit, and then propped it against a tiki bar. I have absolutely no recollection of any of this, but it must be what happened.

A big thanks to 'Boone', who found it and turned it in.

I won't do that again.... :wow:

Back
Top Bottom