Lots of Greenies and a Little Silver

jjm861

Elite Member
Well, the monster swells that we have here in So. Cal. did not produce the cuts like I had hoped. In fact, it took some scouting just to find an area that had a decent slope. However, the slope was good enough to give up about $8.00 in clad and few other goodies.

Apart from the junker and tungsten rings, I did find a cool little .925 turtle pendant. This one was not mine for long....my beautiful 9 year old daughter already has it on her neck chain:D:D

Oh ya....the junker pirate chain and pendant are kinda cool too.

Good Luck....be safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 316
Cool little turtle... there are so many in the hobby now they have turned us into scavengers ;)

thanx for the So. CA report. Yes the high tides were wimpy. And this was also not southerly direction to get in past the channel islands. HOWEVER: The height of the swells (albeit W- NW) were BIG. So if I were you guys, I'd continue to scout the beaches in the coming days. Because the "subtle effect" (of multiple back to back W/NW) starts to subtly erode.

And also for the days where the surf seems to have simply washed back up into the dry dunes (bringing down fluffy slop): Sometimes in the days that follow, mother nature robs the inter-tidal zone sand to fill in off-shore voids that you don't see. The tides starting Tuesday are higher, and a few more "bumps" to occur on the swells. So there may be some action still.

Up here @ Monterey bay, I found 2 beaches "going off". 1 had super black sand. So despite awesome looking cuts, my explorer II couldn't hack the black. If a guy had had a pulse here, he'd have scored. Because in what limited penetration I had (1 to 2"), I was getting coins. If anyone reading this in Monterey Bay, who has a pulse, PM me and I'll give you the name of this beach. I've worked it for years, and never seen erosion in the zones I saw yesterday.

Then went on to scout some other beaches, and found another going off. 2 guys were already there harvesting. All of us got coins, including silvers :) Gonna be back to that one today :)

Very cool turtle and a very nice amount of clad!

Back
Top Bottom