Riddle for All You Water Detectorists

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Imagine you are out up to your neck digging a target in the ocean. After you get it in your scoop you notice you are surrounded by sharks. Everywhere you look all around you are sharks. All you have is your scoop and detector. How would you escape this dreadful and potentially deadly encounter?

Answer later tonight if someone doesn't give it first.

It depends?... Am I in a really good pay cut, and is my car parked in a free parking zone? :laughing: Are the sharks ill tempered and readily known 'Man Eaters' with laser beams attached to their heads? A guy has to take into account these details to properly assess the situation and decide on the appropriate/prudent actions...

I doubt any of US would leave a good pay cut for any reason! Even with a lightening storm overhead and the aforementioned angry laser ensconced Bullsharks below.....We know the real dangers in life, and respect the few open pay cuts along the way towards a boring and inconsequential death...probably in traffic on a nice sunny day, or on the krapper like what happened to Elvis...talk about embarrassing!..

Yeah! If death can be selected here, ...Gimmee neck deep in some warm salt water with a pulltab in my scoop and a 10' bullshark on my @ss! Beats falling through the friggin ice! :laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• jan 21-17-1.jpg
    jan 21-17-1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 380
As a surfer for 28 years. Ain't but one thing to do. Get your butt to the beach as quickly and safely as possible . I saw a big one tge other day I was chest deep. I went it to waist til it left

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd swing my scoop hitting Surfmaster in the head opening up a wound and while the sharks are busy with him I would head to shallower water :lol:

I'd swing my scoop hitting Surfmaster in the head opening up a wound and while the sharks are busy with him I would head to shallower water :lol:

I'm be right behind you but I'll grab his New detector and scoop..

I want to thank everyone that attempted to answer. Some were pretty funny. I didn't expect anyone to figure it out so soon.

Wait a minute, we're not done here! Is it a mellow mid tone leaning heavily toward Gold or a obvious high tone?
I mean if it's just a quarter tone who really cares!

I had a friend that was snorkeling going after some crab near the coast in Fla. north of Port Richie in water not too deep.

It was murky that day but he could see about 20', searching the bottom wasn't a problem.
At one point he got hackles and goose bumps but didn't know why.
He looked up and around and in one direction he thought he saw something moving in the murky water.
It got closer and closer and when it finally got into water that was more clear he saw what it was....
It was a hammerhead shark, the length was about 12 feet he figured because he studied it closely as it slowly made two complete lazy circles around him.
After that it slowly swam back out to deeper water and he lost sight of it.
He immediately swam back to his sailboat that about 20 yards away and he told me he ended up on the deck but he did not remember climbing the ladder.
He thinks he shot out of the water like a dolphin jumping at a Sea World show which sounds ridiculous but on the other hand...adrenaline.

Lots of sharks wanting to spend a little time with you all of a sudden while digging treasure might be way out there but one...oh yea that can happen.

I'd swing my scoop hitting Surfmaster in the head opening up a wound and while the sharks are busy with him I would head to shallower water [emoji38]
Hahahahahaahahaha well played, sir.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know it is a bit too late. I am with Aquaman. That was my immediate reaction after reading the riddle. Wake up and choose a better dream.

Craigs dream reply

I might have been bleeding, but i would have knee kicked Craig:yes: , put his bone through, causing a mass bleed -below the knee, as i keep my head out up , above the water line, racing in, knocking OBN , off his jet sky than , un- zipped his dry suit, now taking on mass water, he screamed for help :wow:, i rode to the beach, :D smile, there wasn't a life ring to throw both of them, so gabbed a fisherman's chum bag and through it out to them, both of them made it to the shore line, the chum bag saved them:laughing: , when on shore, the story end's, never cross Surf , when he could be your knight in shining armour :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS all over with i noticed Swing was the fisherman, i through him to the sharks :laughing::pirate2: but the sharks took off as i herd a load series of pops, bubbles emerging to the top of the water, he must have dodoed himself , the smell was a shark deterant , they all took off , all the little fish submerged belly up :lol: the End

Last edited:
Always thought you should go military and assume the position... bend your knees, bend over and place you head between your legs..... and ..... kiss you a$$ goodbye 🦈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom