First hunt with new sand shark

liquidshredda

Done my first water hunt with my new sand shark. Nothing great but the sand shark performed great. Also saw a 8 foot shark cruise by bout 50 yards out from me. I went in a little shallower until he left . The cross is stainless. The tokens are some type meral detecting tokens unsure about the quarter as it was coated with black stuff it's soaking now. All in all the sand shark rocks . 20170118_153503.jpg20170118_172032.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hate to be looking down with that guy around , nice finds , what as the other coin . HH

In fresh water a black coated quarter is silver. I hope yours is. We just let them dry out and bounce them off a table. The crud comes off. No idea on salt water crust.

Hope you keep enjoying your new toy and post some fantastic gold!

Thanks for sharing

Congrats on a shark seeing you off with your new SS. The quarter is what happens to clad coins that have been in saltwater. Eventually they cake completely around a coin when they've been down long enough. Copper pennies do that as well but zinc-Lincolns get tumor looking growths. When you find caked and green coins, along with sinkers, that's a very good sign that some yellow may be near. Learn to listen for softer sounds and dig it all. Good luck with your SS the yellow will soon come.

One more thing. I'm signing a petition to ban all bobby pins. Sheez I dug 10 thousands of them on my first water hunt with the sand shark

One more thing. I'm signing a petition to ban all bobby pins. Sheez I dug 10 thousands of them on my first water hunt with the sand shark

That is the downfall of a PI machine we tried to tell you. HOWEVER, it has also been said they give a double beep?

No worries though. You will find some deep gold with that critter. Just enjoy hunting and know bobby pins will be a pain.

That is the downfall of a PI machine we tried to tell you. HOWEVER, it has also been said they give a double beep?

No worries though. You will find some deep gold with that critter. Just enjoy hunting and know bobby pins will be a pain.
They all have a downfall even a top of the line vlf you have to dig pulltabs and foil to get the gold. As far as saltwater hunting You can pay mega bucks for a excaliber or 600 for a sand shark. IL pay the 600

It gets better. The next time you hit the same area there'll only by 9,000 bobby pins. :lol:

It gets better. The next time you hit the same area there'll only by 9,000 bobby pins. [emoji38]
ROFL, whacka - wacka....thats Felix. Lol

Hunt on the north end of the state and you'll get bobby pins AND rusted pieces of crab traps. There is no end to the digging. But yeah, the next bobby pin might say 14k on the inside. =)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On my pi detectors (White's) bobby pins and nails will usually give a "double beep" in one direction but a single beep if you approach it from a different direction (rotate 90degrees). I know that double beeps can be broken rings, earrings or other good targets but, more often than not, a double beep is going to be trash. I'll dig the double beeps sometimes but if I am tired or there are plenty of other better signals I'll move on. Good luck with the Sand Shark- heard good things about them. :yes:

Just keep digging those bobby pins! One will be a nice gold chain or 10k ring, or a nice diamond earring!...The thing is, you WANT to be finding bobby pins! Why? You are in the big time paydirt!

Bobby pins mean one thing!...Thats where the girls hang out! What do girls wear? Gold and Silver! What follows girls? Guys with great big gold chains! Fighting and showing off see? Its the Circle of Life kind of deal!

Yeah...you need to be staying all over those bobby pins and pulling all the bastard signals in that area if you want gold...We dont hunt metal, we hunt people...and people are pretty dmaned easy to figure out...Beer caps and Bobby pins Man!! You hit some foil condom wrappers anywhere near the bobbypins and bottlecaps, and thats Game On Gold!:laughing:
Mud

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 285
Took my Shark to Costa Rica last year. Arrived at the beach at sunset and by the time we got settled, it was pitch black outside. Had an hour and was determined to hunt. Got to the beach but the tide was very high with a rough surf. Worst of all the beach was black sand. Seemed the sand caused the SS to false at the beginning and end of each swing but I realized if you repeated the swing the false signals went away. With that knowledge in 5 minutes I got a solid signal. Digging it was another challenge as the sand was packed, I had a cheap travel scoop and the waves kept refilling the hole but after several minutes I had a gorgeous 14K white gold ring with 9 diamonds.

Love the Sand Shark.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpg
    IMG_0933.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 241
Took my Shark to Costa Rica last year. Arrived at the beach at sunset and by the time we got settled, it was pitch black outside. Had an hour and was determined to hunt. Got to the beach but the tide was very high with a rough surf. Worst of all the beach was black sand. Seemed the sand caused the SS to false at the beginning and end of each swing but I realized if you repeated the swing the false signals went away. With that knowledge in 5 minutes I got a solid signal. Digging it was another challenge as the sand was packed, I had a cheap travel scoop and the waves kept refilling the hole but after several minutes I had a gorgeous 14K white gold ring with 9 diamonds.

Love the Sand Shark.
Nice find chip. I went to Costa a few years back. It was a surf trip I didn't detect way back then. It's a beautiful place

How ironic that you find metal detecting tokens your first time out with your new metal detector...:wow: Interesting things happen within this hobby.

HDD
Yes I found the guy who's business is printed on the tokens on facebook. He sells detectors so obviously it's a advertising thing

Back
Top Bottom