I'm going over to the darkside......

Lil Worm6

Elite Member
I hope to have my NOX800 by Saturday. I'm also going to have the 6" & 15" coils to play with. Lmao Toad has already told me he would be my NOX trainer if I decided to get into one.

I actually love my AT Max, but very excited to get the NOX!!!

I made the same transition this year. I've loved the 800. I'd like to know you're thoughts on the 15 inch coil once you get some time with it. I can tell you I love the 6 inch coil for curbstrips.

I hope to have my NOX800 by Saturday. I'm also going to have the 6" & 15" coils to play with. Lmao Toad has already told me he would be my NOX trainer if I decided to get into one.

You are going to love it.

I made the same transition this year. I've loved the 800. I'd like to know you're thoughts on the 15 inch coil once you get some time with it. I can tell you I love the 6 inch coil for curbstrips.

I will make sure to let you know how I like the 15" coil. I did also get the Anderson carbon fiber shaft that I plan on keeping the big boy coil on lol.

Once you use the 15 in coil you won't go back to the stock.

Someone here is selling one that has been used twice and it has the 6" and 15" coil and the ML pinpointer. I am considering getting it.

I have the 15” coil for mine. It’s not so good in trashy areas but covers ground quick and seems to have a notable increase in depth. I found a wheat penny at 14 inches last week after I covered the area with my standard 11”. I had not found much at all so I put the big one on to cover the rest faster. It found the coin almost immediately because I decided to start the area over again seeing as I hadn’t gotten that far and found nothing including no trash. The 15 inch gave a solid VDI of 25 both directions and after I turned 90 degrees. It showed all arrows for depth so I went back and forth every which direction because I didn’t want to dig a really deep hole for no reason.

promise to let us know how it goes! been trying to decide if i want to sacrifice
and get one...as they ain't exactly giving them away, i may need to be 'pushed"
in the "acquisition" direction.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I definitely will be looking for your feedback on the coils. I only have the stock 11" for my nox. Interested in the 15".

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Should a New guy purchase this from the get go?
I'm new (with an 11 inch coil).

After having spent over $1,000 on the new detector, pinpointer, and accessories I wish I had started with a low cost, used detector instead.

I'm not sure if this is the hobby for me, and I'll take quite a hit if I decide to sell everything.

So my advice would be to start low cost, make sure you like it, and upgrade after that if still into it.

Would love to know, from another Max user, if the switch is worth it. I can only figure that it would be worth it on a salt-water beach. Beyond that???

Skippy

Would love to know, from another Max user, if the switch is worth it. I can only figure that it would be worth it on a salt-water beach. Beyond that???

Skippy

Your switch from the max to 800 is very very similar to my switch of the mxsport to the 800. Not only will it accel on the beaches, but also in mineralized soils, heavy trash and iron as well. The pleasant tones on the nox 800 is worth the switch alone. So much nicer. Also the recover speed settings on the 800 are super useful for really attacking a site multiple times, or adapting to trashy or iron sites

Back
Top Bottom