Permission request letters?

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has a rough permission request letter . I could use some help. The area I want to hunt will be parkland but now is abandond buildings and grass. I would (of course)donate any thing of value or pertaining to the site. I'm not sure who to send it to but maybe I'll send it to all the freeholders.

A letter is a good idea, but it's always better to meet someone face to face. (as long as that's possible) It's too easy to ignore a letter.

If you do post a letter, don't forget to enclose an envelope with your address, and a stamp.

The area I want to hunt will be parkland but now is abandond buildings and grass.

Is this spot inner city?

I would (of course)donate any thing of value or pertaining to the site.

Don't offer to do this

I'm not sure who to send it to but maybe I'll send it to all the freeholders.

Do you mean "freeloaders?"

The best thing to do would be to go talk to the area cops. Tell them you are interested in metal detecting it and see what they say.

Is this spot inner city?

No. It's in suburbia its an old hospital complex that was basicaly abandoned in the 80's.

Do you mean "freeloaders?"
Oh yeah the board of chosen freeloaders.
The best thing to do would be to go talk to the area cops. Tell them you are interested in metal detecting it and see what they say.

I'm going to try the local cops but some of it is town and some of it is county . I guess I could get used to coffee and donuts.

Just wondering if anyone has a rough permission request letter.

I checked out that sticky permission form and liability waiver, and if I were a property owner I'd never sign them. My first thought upon seeing them is that there must be something really valuable buried on my land that I don't know about.

Signing legal-looking documents frightens people.

As for the liability waiver, just be sure that your insurance company has no problem with it. Because if you get hurt on the property due to the owner's negligence, the insurance company that foots the bill is going to come after YOU if you prevent them from going after the property owner. In other words, you may be opting out of your insurance coverage with such a form.

Back
Top Bottom