Been slow lately

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
But I managed a 1944 merc,old flat button and some wheats at our local park.I haven’t really hunted it much cause I figured everyone else had murdered it,,but these finds were deep and the old explorer made easy work of finding them..That Merc was pretty deep but that flat button was a little deeper,wish I’d have gotten a pic.,,anyhow,I wanted to stay but it started raining AGAIN ,and the machines not waterproof.Thanks for looking,HH

Attachments

• 14493A4B-0967-4F73-9B53-5E6EBFF62202.jpg
    14493A4B-0967-4F73-9B53-5E6EBFF62202.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 274
  • 9D2DF7C2-0C1E-4402-B158-7EB2A523BEFF.jpg
    9D2DF7C2-0C1E-4402-B158-7EB2A523BEFF.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 236
Nice shiny Merc, way to pull the deep finds! And just curious, what is it with that soil, those Wheaties look partially eaten up!

Just old soil,I didn't really clean the wheats much,still alot if dirt stuck on them..unless it's a indian I usually don't clean wheats much.

Nice merc from the park!

Thanks landOLincoln

Congrats on the silver! With all rain we been getting sure helps to dig in the dirt
Thanks JAK,,the ground sure is soft to dig in,nice not having to carry the shovel around.

Tried the rest and went back to the best...smart! Congrats on the good finds made with a excellent detector:yes:
Thanks C.S...Yea,I’ve been around the block and nothing I’ve tried finds those deep old coins like a fbs... Just my opinion,but I actually prefer the older explorers to the Etrac,sound better and seem deeper.

Those old explorers kick butt! Wayy underrated IMO. Everyone should have at least 1 :laughing: good thing they don't, or there would be no silver left to find :lol: nice hunting!

Have you ever tried putting a large plastic bag over the detector? I know, maybe look ridiculous and cumbersome right?

Looks like that hunted out park has some potential with that FBS technology!

You need a waterproof cover for that control box. That’s the first thing I bought when I bought my explorer II. Have never worried about the rain.

Back
Top Bottom