Comment On Rules, A Little Constructive Criticism

dockmur

Just want to throw this out there for all to consider. This is not a complaint, just a little constructive criticism. I was going to list a detector I would like to sell, but when I read the rules before posting I saw that the forum requires that a user have a minimum of 200 meaningful post's before being allowed to use the classifieds. So in trying to be at least a tolerable member of the forum, I asked a moderator for a waiver. I was told that the rule was in response to request's by some members as a result of the whole Bluegrass James fiasco, and I was provided the name of another forum to go to. No problem, it's a beach detector that I want to replace with a different brand, I'll just go to a dealer with a storefront and trade it in, so it's no big deal. But you guys ought to consider loosening up those rules a bit, it would take some of us a month of Sundays to get to 200 "Meaningful" post's. In the mean time you may be missing out on some good deals, and losing some members to other forums.

Sorry, but I agree with the rules. This is a great forum and if someone wants to leave because they can't sell a detector it would be sad but it's a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face... We are here to (I am anyway) help each other and get help, then to be able to brag about our finds a bit.

:my2cents:

Speaking as a Member here, and not as Moderator, it really isn't that hard to get to 200 "meaningful" posts.

There are many ways to participate and share in this community of like minded individuals.

You can share your knowledge on a part of our hobby. You can help in the ID of find. You can comment in a thread with just a bit more than "Nice find" or welcome a newbie with a bit more than "Welcome".

I hope you will stay with us and share some of your hunts and help others with by encouraging them!

It's not really all that bad of a requirement...and think of all the fun and creative ways to make comments! Plus at least it's not costing you 10% in fees like FEEBAY. And at least you don't have to wait 90 days to sell another machine like some other sites...

Speaking as a Member here, and not as Moderator, it really isn't that hard to get to 200 "meaningful" posts.

There are many ways to participate and share in this community of like minded individuals.

You can share your knowledge on a part of our hobby. You can help in the ID of find. You can comment in a thread with just a bit more than "Nice find" or welcome a newbie with a bit more than "Welcome".

I hope you will stay with us and share some of your hunts and help others with by encouraging them!

My post might have been a bit misleading...personally, I am not going anywhere...I like it here! Just thinking that others might go else ware.

Like I have said before, put yourself in the shoes of members who have been swindled. This forum as well as others, isn't just an outlet to sell merchandise but a place where those that enjoy the greatest hobby known to man, come to share their knowledge and finds as well as make new friends. The classifieds are just a bonus and should be treated as such.:yes:

It prevents people from joining here just to sell things. It also cuts down on the number of scams because scammers won't waste all that time before hand.

All you have to do is get on once or twice a day and post a warm welcome to some new members on their intro post and you will have 200 post in no time.

Agree with the RULES, put your MD on Craigslist , if your just looking to sell. Trying to use the line you guys lost out because of the rules just sucks .
HH

We have to start somewhere. This forum provides various ways to interact and be a valuable member of our MD community. Although the rules are an inconvenience at times, they are in place to provide a base structure for a better level of interaction. I see you understand by the post but I just had to add my two cents.

Well, if the deal is just to good to pass up... Really though, this is a metal detecting forum, not Ebay or Craig's List. Plenty of places on the web to sell stuff. Think the rules are extremely fair. 6 months to a year as member wouldn't be so bad either. Would be a problem, unless your only interest in joining the forum is to sell. The main interest should be on the hobby.

Personally, I try to find 3 prices, before I buy, just so I know what sort of deal I'm getting, and what level of confidence I can expect from the seller. Also look at reviews/warnings, for both the product, and the sellers. There are a lot of members here, I would have no problem doing business with. Couple I wouldn't trust with my phone number, Email or address...

I had 200 in a few days specifically for this reason.
But if the 200 requirement wasn't there, anyone can join sell and take off. The ru l es are a lot nore lenient than other forums, and not run by tyrants (findmall.) yea thats right suck it guvner. But this forum is a tight knit community, it's worth the wait.

While I agree that we're all grown-ups, a few people have been burned and had their money stolen.

My opinion on this is that if you are buying a used detector, you are spending your maximum allocation on the machine. Having someone steal your money is almost a death blow to some folks detector upgrade.....I know I would lose my mind if it happened to me.

FWIW, I have 117 ebay transactions buying and selling (and probably 25 more where feedback was not left) and I have never been burned once and I have 100% feedback.

I have made 3 purchases on here and I got burned bad on one of them (misrepresented merchandise). The guy wanted to be a jerk and publicly posted that he didn't care and told me to file a Paypal grievance just to be a jerk. After other members called him out, he relented and refunded my money (minus shipping...).

Had I sent cash, I would have undoubtedly lost every penny.

Back
Top Bottom