A couple of firsts.

schmitzplumbing

Forum Supporter
First hunt for the year.
First hunt with a dry suit . Water was 52 degrees.
First cell phone find
First 42 cents for the year.
Last but not least, first skunk for gold and silver.
Still felt awesome to finally get out.
8f2808b871d7c0b09dd4e81e37255b72.jpg
00e3aab8f6af8d569a7166b13f1d895a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I am impressed. You sure as heck beat the competition to the water. How warm were you with the dry suit? Are they pretty stiff compared to the wet suit? Were you up north? I was up by my place and detected several spots (land) and struck out. Stopped at a couple of schools on the way home and found 3 silvers, 3 wheats and a buff.

Hopefully with all that gear, gold and silver in your future. Did you need help zipping up that suit? I looked at them. I guess I still like warmer water.

Nice hunt with your son it looks like.

Sweet! Let us know how you like that drysuit...I'm wondering about something that could keep a guy in the water a bit better...like the East Coast guys do...

I am impressed. You sure as heck beat the competition to the water. How warm were you with the dry suit? Are they pretty stiff compared to the wet suit? Were you up north? I was up by my place and detected several spots (land) and struck out. Stopped at a couple of schools on the way home and found 3 silvers, 3 wheats and a buff.
thanks. blue jeans, and a t shirt. I was sweating. hunting 5 miles north of my cabin. easy for me to move in it.
At least your getting out and enjoying it... btw maybe 1g or so of gd in the phone if you feel like ripping it apart
thanks, might have to look into that.
Any day digging targets is a good day!
I hear ya.
Well theres a drain plug. Keep going theres a boat out there somewhere :laughing:
finding a boat wasn't on my bucket list till now. thanks
Hopefully with all that gear, gold and silver in your future. Did you need help zipping up that suit? I looked at them. I guess I still like warmer water.
zipped it myself. having long arms definitely helps. I added zipper lube as well.
Nice hunt with your son it looks like.
thanks. he tried going in the water. toughed it out for about 2 minutes.
Sweet! Let us know how you like that drysuit...I'm wondering about something that could keep a guy in the water a bit better...like the East Coast guys do...
I regret not buying one sooner. I gave the guy $300 for the drysuit and a 7mm 2 piece wetsuit. guarantee you could go year round with a dry suit.
A good day for firsts. Now if you can only find the boat that went with the drain plug.

thanks.:laughing:

What brand of dry suit is that? Hey that tree on the opposite bank make it look like you have a cigarette in your mouth lol.

That was a good first outing with the drysuit. I can tell you it took me a few seasons to get it where I could hunt in 35 degree waters and be warm all over, feet, hands, etc... then it's just a matter of striping down for warmer waters.

Looks like a great way to kick off the season...

When you get a chance, Google, "civil war tent tensioner"

Yours might not be CW, but still that old...

<°)))>{

Is that an old Nokia phone? If so out probably still has battery power left, turn it on and call someone! :laughing:
Kyocera 1135. and its junk. my 8 year old couldn't figure out how someone could use a phone with such a small screen:laughing:
What brand of dry suit is that? Hey that tree on the opposite bank make it look like you have a cigarette in your mouth lol.
not sure on the brand. not a tree. marb light:laughing:
That was a good first outing with the drysuit. I can tell you it took me a few seasons to get it where I could hunt in 35 degree waters and be warm all over, feet, hands, etc... then it's just a matter of striping down for warmer waters.
no shirt next time. sweating. next I will try the wet suit.
Looks like a great way to kick off the season...

it felt awesome. its like having a weeks paid vacation. havent had that in 10 years.:laughing:

When you get a chance, Google, "civil war tent tensioner"

Yours might not be CW, but still that old..

.this was an army camp in the early 1900s. like civilian. planting trees or something from what im told. not sure maybe older. thanks for the info. more research needed

<°)))>{

no shirt next time. sweating. next I will try the wet suit.

I know WT is 60 here and I'm fine with regular cloths on but once it starts to hit the 40's then I need to wear a little more.

Must had been a warm day, I see your son has a T shirt on..Now I can see sweating..wait till next winter when it's in the 20's

Back
Top Bottom