Loading Picture from iMac

jjm861

Elite Member
With 20 years on a PC, I decided to go with a new iMac. A whole new ball game with Mac functions. Can someone give me the steps on how to download pictures on to this site? My pictures are currently downloaded into iphoto, but can't figure out how to attach. Thanks in advance.

You can drag the photo from iphoto to your desktop. Then, when you make a post here, click the button for adding a photo and go to your desktop and select the photo that you dragged there from iphoto. Hope that works for you.

I use iPhoto.
I select to photos I want to upload in iPhoto, then select File > Export. You can export the photo(s) in either their original form or downsize them to a smaller size (.jpg) and resize to small, medium, or large. I choose Kind: .jpg, quality: high, and size: Medium. After you select Export, it'll ask you where on your computer you want to export them to. I made a Metal Detecting folder on my desktop and place them in there. Since the images in that folder are now all resized to medium, I can just upload from that folder.
Hope this helps.

screenshot20120620at304.jpg

From iPhoto go to File, Export.

screenshot20120620at303.jpg

When the dialog box opens up, choose Size, Custom and Max dimension, 700 pixels is a good compromise.

screenshot20120620at308.jpg

Once you export them to your desktop for example, then you can upload them to an image hosting website like ImageShack and then use the Direct Link URL to use as the image on your forum posting.

ImageShack

landontreasure025.jpg

That's pretty much it. Then you can post all your images on the forum. Here is my son detecting as an example.

Regards, Tom

Back
Top Bottom