Which Pouch do you like?

I just use a two pocket nail pouch I got at WalMart for around $0.79. I do keep an empty school style backpack for larger relics and bigger pieces of junk that I find.

Doug

For the Beach

I use the Kellyco three-pocket mesh bag. It runs about $20 and has a huge trash pocket, zipper finds pocket, and a "secret" pocket for the gold rings you don't want the folks at the beach to see! :shock::lol:

Maxpedition gear is very good a bit on the high side but its indestuctable I use thier rolly poly bag to keep my coins and my pro pointer in. Great gear. Maxpedition gear.com

Two months ago when I started, Lowes or Home Depot had an AWP brand three zipper bag set. There is a large black two zipper bag, a medium blue zipper bag, and a small yellow zipper bag. I put some cheap carabiners on them and since I carry a bucket, I hang the yellow one off one side and the black one off the other side, and keep extra batteries in the blue one. I wanna say they were $7... :?:

Attachments

• AWP.jpg
    AWP.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 677
Similar one here (Husky brand?) although it was from Lowes. I paid $1.08 :( :lol:
Marty

To round out the list, I got the $0.78 Home Depot one. :grin:

I might splurge for a better one, though. I don't like how the digger and Pro-Pointer holsters just slide around on the ties... and the PP gets my pants all dirty, which is mostly a problem when I sneak in a dig on my way home from work in my "business casual" clothes.

My trash bag hangs on my left and it is one of those big, brown well made ones that the UPS guys use to carry their electronic pads in.
My right front pocket is my treasure holder, where mostly everything else goes.
Sometimes I carry one of those plastic amber pill bottles with a a few layers of cotton in it just in case something real nice pops out of the ground for me that I don't want scratched.
I can never figure out how to get the stupid thing open, though....darn childproof caps!

I use a 2 pocket military ammo pouch, around $5.00 or so.

Attachments

• yhst-11776803730611_2162_114800305.gif
    yhst-11776803730611_2162_114800305.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 658
In the water I like a Shoulder Bag, I picked up @ Fl.
Flea market the Wifey likes to go to on 192 by Disney.
Also these small double compartment zipper bags.
I velcro strap them around the shaft by the cuff.

Beer Can won't fit, but Rings and Coins do.
Also the Caps and Tabs can go in the other pouch.
I mostly use hunting/cargo pants with big pockets.
Holds PP'er, Pop'er, Digerag, Bugspray, and Finds.

In the water I like a Shoulder Bag, I picked up @ Fl.
Flea market the Wifey likes to go to on 192 by Disney.
Also these small double compartment zipper bags.
I velcro strap them around the shaft by the cuff.

Beer Can won't fit, but Rings and Coins do.
Also the Caps and Tabs can go in the other pouch.
I mostly use hunting/cargo pants with big pockets.
Holds PP'er, Pop'er, Digerag, Bugspray, and Finds.

That was going to be my plan, to velcro around the shaft, do u have any pics? Where do you get the bags?

Dollar Store, Wal-mart, cheapie cheapie.
Any small zipper phone/coin purse will do.

I go thru the velcro cuff strap, pouch is at my forearm.
Zippers upside down for drainage, openings at top.

Found this at the outlet mall in Delaware for $10 (and no sales tax...yippee! how civilized!). Got two in grey and they work great on the beach. Small enough that they don't make ya sweat, easy to get at and a place for a water bottle, cell phone, keys and other sundry stuff. Working with the hip mounted detector set up and dragging my scoop it didn't get in the way at all and was easy to reposition when I wanted to change hands. Got home and like it so much I now drag it everywhere as my "man purse".

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/p...ategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y&pg=1

Back
Top Bottom