Dog remembered

HarddCore

I was searching a month or two ago, I found a dog tag, not super old but it still had some writing on it and a phone number so I called it and chance had it that the owner of the dog still lived at that residence. The dog however had long since passed on. Anyways the owners were very happy to have a little momento of their dog "Lad", and I was glad that I helped give them that. I know this story is not super interesting or ironic, I just thought it was kinda neat.

-Evan

It is interesting - and I am sure the owners were glad. My dog of 13 years vanished just over 3 years ago. Not a trace. :?: I would have loved it if somebody would have returned some news.

That's a pretty cool idea. I never thought about returning a dog tag before. Thanks for sharing!

I found a tag from the twenties, I'm pretty sure dog is gone maybe owners too! I'll have to check the records if they still exist. Good story :grin: :!: :yes:

I found a dog tag deer hunting a few years ago. I returned it to the owner and she almost cried. Apparently the dog had been gone for about 20 years. How it was laying on top of the forest floor is beyond me but there it was. I'll attempt to return any I find in the future. Maybe it will mean something to someone.

When I was detecting at my parents house last, I found the tag to my one and only childhood dog who died about 16 years ago. It had his name on it and my name as the owner. I had a sad moment, but it was very nice to have that momento of him. He was a great dog.

I've enjoyed reading these posts. Being animal lovers, my wife and I have saved our old dog tags and a cat tag of the pets we've had over the years. I think it was very kind and thoughtful of any of you who return tags to former pet owners.

Back
Top Bottom