Asking permission nets a damn good start**UPDATED**

IDXMonster

Elite Member
We’ve had a fairly stiff upper lip when it comes to detecting in my town because it’s very “touristy”. Since it’s the off season I emailed the Public Works supervisor and asked if I could check out one of the parks. He said he didn’t see a problem and thanked me for asking...as soon as my wife got home to tend to our kid who isn’t feeling well,off I went today. The weather stunk,it was cold,a little drizzly...but man that park has got potential. The padlock was a foot down,the dimes were 9”,the quarter and half only 6-7”...it will keep me busy for awhile.
This picture isn’t about ME. It’s about YOU. Especially the newer guys who are looking for productive places but there may be rules,official or otherwise. It’s like private property...you can’t hunt it NOW anyway,so you have nothing to lose by asking permission. An off limits place that has potential is worth asking about,as you can clearly see.
I am adding this second pic to show what I found today,it is going to get ridiculous at this place. I was able to film the Barber half but the weather was terrible and muddy. It’ll be a short video,here it is...https://youtu.be/bMQhMl25q5k
The following day,here comes the GW hat trick! The CTX is cleaning this ball field up nicely,good repeatable signals pushing high CO numbers...

Attachments

• 89706B5B-C78C-4DB8-97E4-16C74BF35969.jpg
    89706B5B-C78C-4DB8-97E4-16C74BF35969.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 367C2ECB-3FAA-45C4-8AB9-A24CAD3411BE.jpg
    367C2ECB-3FAA-45C4-8AB9-A24CAD3411BE.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 400B697E-298B-488C-8DC1-55C221930B53.jpg
    400B697E-298B-488C-8DC1-55C221930B53.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nice score.. That park should fill your finds bag with some goodies... Congrats and HH

100% IDX!

Good example of what is often found in such places.

All of my permissions at private homes and land have turned up some interesting finds. It hasn't been about gold coins and precious jewelry.

Keep us posted on the excitement!

Heck yeah, you have a good spot there. Congrats on the lock and Silvers, especially the barbers. Can’t wait to see what else you pull from there.

Holy Gorgonzola! Nice finds Monster! Yep, Just ask! Nothing to lose!
...The meek may indeed inherit the earth someday, after everybody else has had a go at it! :laughing:

Get to know the guy, hopefully he will let you hunt or has the ability to give permission for the log place too. Good luck.

Nice score.. That park should fill your finds bag with some goodies... Congrats and HH

Yeah man! It’s terrible outside right now,cold,rainy,snowing...I’m going to brave it though I think. Thanks Goldpanner!

Great start! ....hope you're going back!

Uh,yeah! In about an hour!:lol: Damn weather....Thanks GQ

100% IDX!

Good example of what is often found in such places.

All of my permissions at private homes and land have turned up some interesting finds. It hasn't been about gold coins and precious jewelry.

Keep us posted on the excitement!

Thanks Dave,I will. I’ve spent a great deal of time on sites this year that are tough. Not all,but most. Taking those skills and putting them onto a site with regular deep targets is like the “shootin’ fish in a barrel” thing. When stuff like this happens it really fires me up to ask more permissions!;)

Good work on getting the permission and then finding some nice goodies!

Thanks Wave! It’s worked out so far and I don’t expect the next trip to be much different. I’m after a Barber half like a starving dog after a steak! We’ll wait and see...

That is definitely a good job!:thumbsup:

Thanks Dan! It can happen anywhere that things are old,and the desire is there. I think we all have some of both,it’s just a matter of how much of each..;)

Heck yeah, you have a good spot there. Congrats on the lock and Silvers, especially the barbers. Can’t wait to see what else you pull from there.

Yeah me neither Jason! Maybe I’ll find a nicer model marble! If I could just find ONE I’d shut up about that.:grin:

Holy Gorgonzola! Nice finds Monster! Yep, Just ask! Nothing to lose!
...The meek may indeed inherit the earth someday, after everybody else has had a go at it! :laughing:

And “good things come to those who wait” and “the early bird gets the worm”!
I love situational logic!:lol: Thing is,everybody in the past HAS had a go at this place before and they weren’t able to go deep. There’s very little clad,that tells me something. One,that helps me ALOT not getting those signals,and two...ALOT of the old stuff is likely still there,even after they’ve cleaned out the clad for me. Time will tell,but I’m thinking this is gonna be a barn burner!:yes:

Niceness!

That’s what I thought when I saw the Merc...then the Barber dime...the half,no. Big coin numbers at 6” and I get THAT turd? Dammit! The quarter softened me up again..when it stops raining the Ultimate 13” on an EX2 stick is gonna go subsoiling in that place. I’ll have to reserve the mini Bobcat excavator at True Value...;)

Well done !

Thanks ETO! It’s always fun finding a place that has these things left because there aren’t many around,at least not public places. The HUGE key I’ve found is if you have the capability of going DEEP in an old park,you have a distinct advantage. There are some very worked out places even at depth,but it puts you ahead of the crowd overall. You have an eTrac,you know...;)

Get to know the guy, hopefully he will let you hunt or has the ability to give permission for the log place too. Good luck.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! The replica town! Now we’re talkin’! There’s a couple places I’d like to go dig up along with that one,it’s going to take some convincing...HEY! You’re a sales guy,you should roll right on over here and just do your thing! Let me know what time works...;)

Nice hunt bud, congrats!

There’s a whole boatload in there,I can smell them! Working on 116 FTY,you’d best get going!:lol: Sadly,you’re kicking my ass in every other category...
In reality the number doesnt mean anything to me really,except it being a goal..that’s it. Finding the individual coins is what the whole thing is about,each one is like Xmas all over again! It just NEVER gets old...
Thanks Jeff!:grin:

REAL GOOD START! That seems to be a promising site. I am after a few new permissions myself. Good luck on your quest for The Barber half. HH Mark

Great finds!
I was hoping to get out today, but now it started raining:mad:

Thanks Matt! Yeah it’s crapping over here too. Supposed to be nice Monday though...ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!! This fall has sucked and then sucked some more!
Timing is all wrong...I’m going to try it out anyway,you should just layer up and do the same. Let’s go find some shite!:grin:

REAL GOOD START! That seems to be a promising site. I am after a few new permissions myself. Good luck on your quest for The Barber half. HH Mark

Good luck on your new places Mark. The final frontier of this hobby,until we make a remarkable tech breakthrough which allows us to see deeper with great accuracy,is private or off limits public ground. If you are good at the permission game,you will have fruitful hunting for a long time! Even driving long distances to public ground where you CAN hunt isn’t a guarantee that much will be found. Virgin(or “lightly poked” ) ground is where the rest of it is,besides the weird and difficult “public ground” targets.
I must go hunting now...:grin:

Back
Top Bottom