5 Gram Gold Nugget!!

mnhunter

Elite Member
Haven't been able to get out much lately for numerous reasons. I have been doing some research though. I had heard whispered rumors over the years on gold nuggets in this area, but never followed up on them. I went out today with no intention of looking for gold. I started off at a park and got 1.08 in clad and a wheatie. It was a new park so finding the wheat means it has some potential. I took a break to eat and thought about what I had heard from an old timer a number of years ago about finding gold nuggets as a kid close to where he grew up. Since I was close to this place I decided to check it out. I'd been there about 45 minutes with nothing to show for my efforts than a lot of junk. Then I got this solid 44 VDI on the AT Pro. It was 44 VDI in all directions at about 6 inches. I dug the plug and could not believe what I was seeing in the hole. It sure as heck looks like gold to me. I plan to have it tested tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure its is what I think it is. It definitely is not copper. Seems to be gold in quartz matix. Here are some pics so you be the judge. I put this in this section because these are not supposed to exist here.

100_3556.jpg

100_3557.jpg

100_3558.jpg

100_3560.jpg

Wow! I'd leave it as it is.But you could torch it and get the clean gold out of that one easy from the looks of it.One cool nugget!:wow:

Wow! I'd leave it as it is.But you could torch it and get the clean gold out of that one easy from the looks of it.One cool nugget!:wow:

I'm not touching this thing. These are very rare here as far as I know. Hopefully not so rare that I don't find anymore. Not sure if I could ever sell it anyway. Just too cool. The old man was NOT lying.

I'm not touching this thing. These are very rare here as far as I know. Hopefully not so rare that I don't find anymore. Not sure if I could ever sell it anyway. Just too cool. The old man was NOT lying.

I say get yourself a waterpic and clean it off as much as you can then take it to get it tested

How many grams do you think is in there though? Looks like a lot of quarts after you cleaned it up. Very very cool non-the-less.

That right there is gold! Awesome find! Happy that you followed that lead! Wow , wow, wow! Good luck on finding more! Happy hunting!

that was worth the hunt for sure awesome nugget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is without a doubt gold and quartz matrix and even with its smaller size... a nugget/quartz matrix is worth far more than the weight of gold alone. I've been to GPAA shows and seen them similar size ones sell for several hundred to a couple thousand dollars even if there isn't that much value in gold. Conragts on the find and whatever you do DON'T extract that gold!!!

now thats awesome and different!!! Not to many people here finding nuggets!! congrats!

That's one of the best finds I've seen on here for a while. Congrats. Gold in Minnesota! I wonder if it's something that was dragged down by the glaciers.

That's one of the best finds I've seen on here for a while. Congrats. Gold in Minnesota! I wonder if it's something that was dragged down by the glaciers.

Yeah, who knew, gold in Minnesota!!:shock: You are living the dream my friend!!:yes::cool:

Dude that is awesome!!!!! :cool:

Now don't say a freaking word around your neck of the woods or you will get followed and trampled. Possibly worse. Mums the word.

That is an awesome find and to my untrained eye it sure looke like the real thing! Keep us posted on what you find out!

Back
Top Bottom