• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

E trac strikes gold five dollar piece whooooooooo hoooooooooo update better pics

carcur

Elite Member
went to an old mine site after work hunting in TTF wasn't finding much alot of nails
got a 10-37 thought how did a zincon get way out here surprised me when it was the wheat
so i started working around were i found the penny and was getting a really crappy sound dug a big hole and found a nail with the X-1 stood up and swung the etrac over the pile of dirt and got the high tone that I was looking for moved a little dirt and saw just a little rim of gold moved some more and I was looking at the dirty side
still cant believe it :D:D:D:D
yelled and screamed all the way home
also found my first skeleton key it was an eyeball find
this is my first gold of the year:D:D:D:D
found it about 5 inches deep a foot from the wheat pocket spill whooo hoooo

its a 1911S

got some better pics of it
enjoy and thanks everybody for the great comments

Attachments

• IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 8,942
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8,927
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8,973
  • IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 8,992
  • IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8,736
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 8,803
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 8,712
HOLY S@!#!!! Wow way to go Carcur!!! You truly deserve that too! What did it read in at on the Etrac??? You didn't post those numbers. Is that a 1911D? It looks like it from the pics. If so you have yourself a $750-$1000 coin there minimum. What an awesome find. That is truly every detectorist dream find and you did it!!!:shock::shock::shock:

PS...Clean that beauty up and show us some pics of her all cleaned up!!

Thats just absolutely incredible, Congrats on the find of a life time... :wow:
Looks like it has a mintmark can you tell if its a D or S...

HOLY S@!#!!! Wow way to go Carcur!!! You truly deserve that too! What did it read in at on the Etrac??? You didn't post those numbers. Is that a 1911D? It looks like it from the pics. If so you have yourself a $750-$1000 coin there minimum. What an awesome find. That is truly every detectorist dream find and you did it!!!:shock::shock::shock:

PS...Clean that beauty up and show us some pics of her all cleaned up!!

it rang up i thing 5-30

1911 D :?: wheres the mint mark on that thing

found it 1911 S

it rang up i thing 5-30

1911 D :?: wheres the mint mark on that thing

Carcur, on the reverse of the coin, the eagle is standing on an arrow. Look right where that arrow is pointing. There is the mintmark and it looks like a D in the pic. If so only 72,500 made and think about how many have already been melted...

how should i finish cleaning this thing got it soaking in distilled water now
just ran it under water for awhile to get the dirt off haven't used a tooth brush on it yet
thank everybody
curtis

Wow...congrats on the beautiful find! Tell ya what...I'll give you twice the face value.:laughing:

The "S" mintmark is the most common but you still have a $400+ coin there. And it's an extremely rarely dug gold coin anyway. Once again a big congrats. Dont take a toothbrush to it. Use nothing but warm water and maybe a wooden toothpick. Thats it...

Back
Top Bottom