Need help with White's M6 circuit board! Plz! [SOLVED!]

xlxcrossxlx

This issue has been solved: I am leaving it on here in case someone else who might encounter the issue can search on Google and find the same answer that took me forever to find.

[Original Post]
I was gifted an M6 by a guy after I found a ring for him. Never used one before, didn't really try, but my girlfriend has been using it. When we first got it the on/off knob felt loose, but it looked like it had been through a few hunts in its day and seemed to function ok so I figured I'd repair it later.

Turns out the nut between the plastic removable knob and base was loose so when she was trying to turn the knob, it was twisting freely inside the housing which caused 5 wires to break from their connections. Machine went dead, so that is when I finally fixed the knob (ugh). I assumed correctly what happened under the hood, but now I need some help.

If someone with an M6 who knows how and is willing to get under the hood and either take a picture of the connections on the on/off knob attached to the underside of the on/off control knob inside the control box, or enlighten me where these wires are to be soddered back on, I would greatly appreciate it!!

I know the red, black, and gray wires are grouped together on the smaller prongs in the picture, and the 2 green wires to go on the bigger 2 prongs, but in what arrangement? (The 2 green wires coming out of the plastic connections in the photo are the same green wires that broke free on their other ends.)

I am just trying to make sure the two green wires, along with the red, gray, and black wires, are connected properly to the underside of the on/off control knob.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• 20210111_180853.jpg
    20210111_180853.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 20210111_180908.jpg
    20210111_180908.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 20210111_180933.jpg
    20210111_180933.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Without have a schematic or an M6 to look at, see this pix.

This should be correct but, if turning the pot the control setting higher the control setting actually gets lower, switch green wires.

The red/black wires are for the on/off switch, shouldn't really matter which side is red or black.

Attachments

• 20210111_180908.jpg
    20210111_180908.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 360
Obviously we hope someone will peek inside theirs, and give you the answer. If not...

I agree and disagree with sven. Usually red and black would be power, but if I see correctly, the 2 green wires go to the board labelled switch on/off which tells me they go on the pair of pins (power switch) on your knob, just as you suspected. It should not matter which is right or left.

Is there any chance the connectors on the board got moved around?

The other three I could only guess, 3 colors 3 pins.

If it turns out red and black **are** the power wires, I like sven's advice of green white green and swap the greens if it works "backwards."

I'd go further and check voltage on all wires referenced to battery negative before assuming ANYTHING!

Thank you for reply, Sven! I should've used the word assume, rather than know, when talking about how the wires are grouped. I am not an electronics expert, far from it, but I was basing my assumption on the other knob, opposite the on/off knob that has the red, black and gray wires together soldered to the top three prongs. So I assumed the 2 green would be together on the bottom. Am I wrong in that assumption then? I just don't want to fry the machine!

Obviously we hope someone will peek inside theirs, and give you the answer. If not...

I agree and disagree with sven. Usually red and black would be power, but if I see correctly, the 2 green wires go to the board labelled switch on/off which tells me they go on the pair of pins (power switch) on your knob, just as you suspected. It should not matter which is right or left.

Is there any chance the connectors on the board got moved around?

The other three I could only guess, 3 colors 3 pins.

If it turns out red and black **are** the power wires, I like sven's advice of green white green and swap the greens if it works "backwards."

I'd go further and check voltage on all wires referenced to battery negative before assuming ANYTHING!

The only connections that were altered were the 5 wires breaking free. I noticed right away when I carefully took the box apart. I did nothing more than open the box, confirmed my assumption, (The switch in the middle picture was loose and was rotating freely which popped off those wires), then I took the pic and went off to find you kind people!

Since it was working before this happened and then you opened it, based on the board connection label I'd stand by the greens being power switch then. I'd expect them to trace back to the battery.

The other three... yikes. Probably safe to make the 6 guesses, but I wouldn't without a lot more circuit tracing. Convince myself I'm right before blowing it up, lol.

Haha, yeah that's exactly what i'm trying to. I have searched for any schematics or pictures online, but nada! White's has no contact and their service dealers aren't responding either. I want to be 100% before I fry the circuit board lol

Not sure if this helps, but the red, black, and gray wire that are disconnected on one end are attached to the circuit board, next to the green wires, where it says "gain"

I have my M6 open and this pic. You appear to have more wires besides the power switch. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• A3E8DFDD-1E5A-46E2-B643-7CBAB9B7BDFB.jpeg
    A3E8DFDD-1E5A-46E2-B643-7CBAB9B7BDFB.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 390
Hi Martin, thanks for the reply! Another member emailed me with pics of his.
It was slightly different, but it showed what I needed to know. I had 5 wires disconnected and the switch in the top right of your picture is how they are to be attached. Red, black, grey on top 3 connections (left side of switch in your pic), and underneath that, (right side in your pic), the 2 green wires, with left green wire coming out of circuit board at (P10) location going on right side of switch under grey wire, and green wire coming out of right side of P10 goes to left side of switch under the red wire. If you still have yours open I would appreciate the 2nd confirmation before I start the soldering. If not, all good, i'm pretty sure that's how it goes, but scan twice, dig once, right?

Yes I was wrong after taking a look at the above picture. Depending how a pot is used, it will usually have two or 3 colored wires going to the lugs. And I now see how the power wire is rigged up, power is being connected or disconnected running thru the one wire.

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply! Another member emailed me with pics of his.
It was slightly different, but it showed what I needed to know. I had 5 wires disconnected and the switch in the top right of your picture is how they are to be attached. Red, black, grey on top 3 connections (left side of switch in your pic), and underneath that, (right side in your pic), the 2 green wires, with left green wire coming out of circuit board at (P10) location going on right side of switch under grey wire, and green wire coming out of right side of P10 goes to left side of switch under the red wire. If you still have yours open I would appreciate the 2nd confirmation before I start the soldering. If not, all good, i'm pretty sure that's how it goes, but scan twice, dig once, right?

I already closed mine back up.

Where does the black wire go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In your picture, you can barely see it. It is in between the red and gray wires on the switch on the top right of the picture. We had Twisted that switch enough when trying to turn it on the last time that all five of those wires Broke Free from their soldering. They all went right back onto that switch. I soldered them back on last night and the Machine is up and running again!

OUTSTANDING JOB! The M6 is a super machine, a real coin grabber. Very easy and solid. I actually own two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. My girlfriend uses it now and she is killing it with the coins. I haven't tried it yet. She's only used it 3 or so hours before this happened so we are heading out tomorrow to give it another shot. Hoping for some silver!

Back
Top Bottom