It's a little one but I'll take it.

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Not much going on here lately but sand, sand, and more sand. I hit a spot today that I had not even been to since Irma and saw someone already in the obvious low spot. After waiting a bit for him to leave I headed over. He had dug lots of holes. I started hearing deep fishing weights so I slowed way down and grid, grid, grid, nice and tight, working around his holes. There were several bigger fishing weights so I had to wonder if he'd pulled gold out of there. It's very possible. Finally I heard a nice low tone and pulled up this 18K ring.

It never hurts to check behind someone. Nobody gets it all and I'd bet even I left one or two there after I was done.

Gold ring number 56 for 2017.

Attachments

• Sept 28 17 gold ring.jpg
    Sept 28 17 gold ring.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 427
:dingding: With my finds lately I'd take that! Anytime I'm hunting South Beach and find something in areas that I've just seen many others cover I get a a little bit more satisfaction. :yes:

I gotta agree. Good lesson. Manys the time I've followed in another detector's footprints to find all the stuff they've missed. I'd take that 18K any day of the weeks.

Any gold is welcome these days. Specially 18k!!

There comes a time when we really have to trust our sense's when hunting and remember we miss stuff also, one reason I do loops, check My dug sand .. And I've had some memorable finds I've missed.

Last edited:
Awesome job, maybe the other guy didn't recheck his holes and this was under a zincoln he scooped up for ya :laughing:

It might be small but it's exactly 1g more than Earl has found since 2011.
I'm really impressed with the little gold you manage to pull with the excal. Keep it up

Over 1lb of gold yet?

Steve

Your correct :dingding: :chaplin: congrat's on the research , if you were spending more time hunting than looking through pick's , you could be a successful hunter like Kapi, or OBN , my excuse is i am 260 miles round trip, with a dog AND bird, no place to stay, news flash, my house is done TODAY, 10 miles from the beach, with a place to stay, so stay tuned bro, THAN i will be plucking on you, like you have been ON ME- for 2 years HOWBOUTIT :jawdrop::impatient::realitycheck: will be in the mail, :nono::twisted::viking: sure glad your here to keep everyone in check, AS Craig isn't hanging around to do it anymore :cheers: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :thumbsup: TOP GUN :roll::lol:

Last edited:
Your correct :dingding: :chaplin: congrat's on the research , if you were spending more time hunting than looking through pick's , than badgering people , you could be a successful hunter like Kapi, or OBN , my excuse is i am 260 miles round trip, with a dog AND bird, no place to stay, news flash, my house is done TODAY, 10 miles from the beach, with a place to stay, so stay tuned bro, THAN i will be plucking on you, like you have been for 2 years HOWBOUTIT :jawdrop::impatient::realitycheck: will be in the mail, :nono::twisted::viking: sure glad your here to keep everyone in check, AS Craig isn't hanging around to do it anymore :cheers: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Haha... just joking Earl. I'm over 800 miles from the nearest beach and have to long distance travel over night every time I want to hunt.
Fyi I'm over 1000g for 2017 not counting silver :D
Looking forward to your first gold post

lol

I here you hunt out of your bath tub, fresh from your jewelry store , that's why your find's look mint howboutit :hornetsnest::dingding: :?::lol: PS YOUR joking is getting OLD, after moving bro. , when i do start hunting the coast, your yapper will be sealed ;) You might have to buy some higher end jewelry to post :shock::lol: PS I think 1000 grams for the year, 800 miles from the nearest beach :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: something smells like fish here , wonder if some other member's smell something , that might be more than Kapi :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::police: :takeoff: Fake News :no: Kapi ? What is your total Gram count on gold for this year, the Jury is IN session , Stand By:D

I here you hunt out of your bath tub, fresh from your jewelry store , that's why your find's look mint howboutit :hornetsnest::dingding: :?::lol: PS YOUR joking is getting OLD, after moving bro. , when i do start hunting the coast, your yapper will be sealed ;) You might have to buy some higher end jewelry to post :shock::lol: PS I think 1000 grams for the year, 800 miles from the nearest beach :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: something smells like fish here , wonder if some other member's smell something , that might be more than Kapi :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::police: :takeoff: Fake News :no: Kapi ? What is your total Gram count on gold for this year, the Jury is IN session , Stand By:D
Edit; 1000g in the last 13 months. I have to rent hotels at various beaches throughout Asia when I hunt. Been researching a site im going to next week that will likely be hot.

Back
Top Bottom