Encounter with "Moby Dick"

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Bored! !Had worked the last 8 days. !Raining outside.....what the halibut I decided that a trip out with the Seahunter MK11 was in order. !Wreck Havoc was half gassed.....so there was no limit as to how far we could go before dark.

Donning my 3/4 "Orca" suit I entered the water hoping that I wouldn't scare the fall run of macheral !from the shores for the locals fishing. !Tad on the cool side. !The only sound within "herring" range was the waves lapping on the shore and the seagulls. Mister Man sometimes I think I'm a dumb as a sea urchin as I forgot to take a bag to put my finds in as was evident as I pulled my first target from the oceans floor. A Bluenose moment struck me.....the USA Marine motto or saying; "adapt, improvise and overcome." Stuffed the goods through the neckline of my wet suit hoping that my "Battle of the Bulge" would hold the treasures in place! Being close to shore however did prevent me from getting run over by a cruise ship. !Then my sieve got bent out of shape. Thinking Navy Davy has a winter project!
! Can only imagine what I smelt like coming out of Halifax Harbour. ! Even Wreck Havoc sputtered a few times at me......or was it the Irving gas that I had given him the day. This dumb "Pollack" had had enough of the rolling seas.

Off to a lake to one of my once a year spots. The lawn in front of the beach here was filled with doggie dew and green geese grease of the Canadian kind.....oh joy! !By this time I was starting to fell like I was encased in shrink wrap as I had not changed out of the wet wet suit. Target rich ecosystem fur dis bouy. !Found a few junker rings...got the "point" (not sure what that thing is) plus some coins of the realm. !Had a "holy cod" moment with one of the junker rings which had a nice golden hew to it. !Once home I put the plug in the tub and started to peel off the wet suit. !Like a fish to a shiny lure Hunny Bunny entered the washroom to see what all the noise was about. !Told her the story about not taking a finds pouch and she just stood there eyeing me.....I looked down and then said....."Looks like "Moby
Dick" caught a few as a few dimes were stuck in my "midship" area. Hunny bunny was not born yesterday and with a straight face retorted..."More like something out of a sardine can." !Talk about a defining moment. !She then started plucking out !coins that had embedded themselves in my upper torso. !A very bad day for sieve shafts indeed.

Since we are talking about water thought I would include a few photos from my workplace as I am now back doing security at our port for the cruise ships.

Attachments

• IMG_0652[1].jpg
    IMG_0652[1].jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0644 (2).jpg
    IMG_0644 (2).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_0648[1].jpg
    IMG_0648[1].jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0654[1].jpg
    IMG_0654[1].jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
:laughing::laughing: not bad shuckings for a foundered flounder! I've done the same myself, forgot my pouch and had to stuff the finds down inside the wetsuit and then jingle them all out in the parking lot while changing...Jumping around all higgledy piggeldy like a Pinniped passing periwinkles!

The coin denominations imprinted squid sucker scars all over the body, especially the bottle caps...Pearl of wisdom for aspiring sea urchins....never forget your finds pouch or scoop...or you will be fanning like a grunion after an onion, and stuffing stuff, like a hufflepuff...like HR ScoopNstuff!.....:laughing:

Last edited:
Is that you in the 'piper togs?

Looks good, and you're a multi-talented individual, too.

Roger

A friend caught that from detecting in dirty water but standard antibiotics took care of it.:grin:

yo Quartermaster

That bagpipe player is hired by the Port of Halifax to pipe in and out departing cruise ships....my legs are too ugly fur dat me bouy! Some Scottish regiment!

Back
Top Bottom