Just got approval to hunt a 1912 property

curious1

Can't wait to see what's there. I doubt it has been hunted since it is a private house in kind of a rough neighborhood. Will post what I find in a couple weeks when I get a chance to scour it.

Can't wait to see what's there. I doubt it has been hunted since it is a private house in kind of a rough neighborhood. Will post what I find in a couple weeks when I get a chance to scour it.

Great. Hunt every square inch. Good luck.:grin:

Good luck and happy hunting.
My dream dig came true last weekend, but it turned into a nonevent.
The house appears to have been built in the early 1900's and was once a farm house and, so it seems, later was the residence of someone who operated a old gas/service station.
I started looking for the owner about 3 months ago, and was told the house was going into foreclosure.... The owner gave me permission to metal detect the property until the bank took it and I did a little searching before I was rained out.
During a 30 minute search of just the driveway I found almost a hundred old penies including a 194? Wheat Cent.
That was over a month ago and I haven't returned since.
Last weekend I managed to contact the church group which is buying the house and they said I could metal detect it until they started tearing it down in a week or so.
After nearly two hours of searching I had not hit a signal other than a 75, which is a zinc penney and high 80's which turned out to be loads of crushed aluminum cans.
Apparently the owner had either paid a professional metal detectorist to search the property before it was sold, or he did it himself with a good metal detector.
And the worse part is that after looking at the house and property a little more closely I think it was more probably built in the early 70's and had just been allowed to really run down.
At least it's out of my system and now I can drive by it without wondering what mysterious treasures lies just beneath that weed overgrown soil.

Good luck. I just did part of a 1906 house and so far only 4 wheat cents and maybe 50 cents in clad. The house next door is where I just found 5 silvers and my buddy found his half it was built in 1949. You never know.

Hit it hard! I spent the last month or so working on a private home built in late 1870s that was at one point a hotel. It has been vacant for the last 10 years or so. Have found 5 Indian Head pennies (1874, 1882, 1885, 1893 and 1905), one 1936 buffalo nickel, 3 Mercs (1940, 1941, 1943), one Rosie (1954), two Washington quarters (1942 and 1950), one 1943 war nickel, and one 1941 Canadian silver quarter. Plus all the clad, pull tabs, bottle caps, wire, nails, and other miscellaneous pieces. I think in total I have found almost 300 coins. Oh yeah, also have found several pieces of jewelry - some junk, some nice pieces.

Back
Top Bottom