The irs can have em! UPDATE 1:+127 UPDATE 2:+107

LordOfTheZincs

Elite Member
About a month ago I had about an hr to kill before I went to pick up my gf from work and went in my backyard to look for goodies. I was using the Lonestar and found a weird penny spill where I found 38 cents.http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=178501 Checked around and thought I had it all, sounded like a bunch of trash tones. Well today same thing, had an hr or so to burn only this time I had the F2 and decided to see if I missed JUST one. Sure enough! I did! But not just one, there was five in a lil hole. Well, I better check some more. Stepped back 2 ft and BINGO! More! But I noticed after doing a little digging, scanning and pinpointing I have found there are at least 3 coin lines? running the length of the first and every two feet back? I hope you all can see it in the pics but I have dug 63 out so far and had to give up for the night. REALLY WEIRD! The coin lines are about 6-8" wide and run about 3-4ft in length. How many pennies do they put into those canvas bank bags??? Dont know if i found one or what.

Attachments

• 100_3041.jpg
    100_3041.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 696
  • 100_3042.jpg
    100_3042.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 694
  • 100_3043.jpg
    100_3043.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 695
keep us updated on this

maybe they buried other stuff with the coins??? hope you get some more cool finds out of there that arent pennies

Looks like someone planted a garden and was trying to grow pennies

LOL yep, Where the grocery bag is, is the middle row, it's about 3 ft long too but I ran out of time last night to excavate that one. I did get one hit on the F2 that read a solid 94 and I was praying but it was a piece of aluminum strap of some sort. I told J.Rush, there is a big area back there where my dog trained himself to do his BIG BUSINESS, I think that's where the silver and gold is.......then i got some decisions to make! This whole area where I'm diggin is not in my actual yard (thank god) It's just across a small storm drainage ditch that borders my yard. There was a drunk, homeless guy living in the woods back there last year. The 1st time I found one of these I figured he stumbled thru that ditch and dropped his sock of pennies but I'm not so sure about that now. Funny thing is, I get $23 an hr at work and I'm hoping it's slow today so I can come home and dig pennies for about $1.00 an hr. :laughing::laughing::laughing: (if I'm lucky) :lol::lol::lol:

maybe you are under an old clothes line?

Good call! My clothes line is right outside my door but historic aerials shows a house was in the area closer to the street (my house is back a ways from street) but I assumed it was my neighbors house. HMMM, wonder if it may have sat NW of his house a bit? That would put it in the woods! :( Thick brush in there now. I'll keep ya posted on a total etc. I may put on the sniper and get in there! I saw some pieces of metal on top of the ground thru some of the brush. (CLOSE TO DOG POO SPOT!!!! :mad: )

AGGGGHHH I gotta go to work! I was just out there lookin and there is a weird depression in the ground back there that runs about 100' long or so and my lines are in the middle? I found a HUGE hole back there too in the middle at the end. I'll take more pics later of what I mean. (all this excitement over pennies!) :laughing:

Cool find. The first thought I had was maybe a place where a shade tree was and people sat there relaxing in the shade and maybe lost alot of change there over time? Would think if it was bank bag of pennies that there would be ALOT more then that there. Keep looking though, maybe the quarter, halfs, and silver dollars are all a little bit deeper yet!! :wow:

Well, I got off an hr. early anyways. :roll: :lol: Didn't have to pick up the gf yesterday so I came home and gridded at the other end of the long depression, mostly trashy signals. Went back to the 3 strips and concentrated on the one closest to my yard. Was able to extend my flap by about 2ft. and wrestled another 127 pennies out of there before I broke my shovel and dinner was ready. It sounds like there's still a lot more in that strip plus all the blips and pings in the other 2 strips that I haven't gotten down into yet. There's a ton of Canadian pennies in with the zincs and coppers also so I guess that may rule out bank bag? (5,000 per bag) I hope I find ONE thing other than a penny out of all of this! What a muddy mess! :D I actually had to swap out a brand new pp battery last night that I had put in Mon. That thing is getting a workout! I have to go to work again today..........we have a brand new shovel leaning against the wall inside the door! :lol: I'll do more tonight I hope, but it keeps raining and filling my holes up with water. How much is it to rent a vac. truck for a few hrs? :laughing: I kid, I kid (i think) :shock:

Attachments

• 100_3044.jpg
    100_3044.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 100_3045.jpg
    100_3045.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 414
  • 100_3047.jpg
    100_3047.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_3049.jpg
    100_3049.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 100_3050.jpg
    100_3050.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 412
That second to last picture looks to me like an old garden so I did a little Google Search for pennies in a garden. It seems that pennies deter slugs in a garden!! Maybe someone had a slug problem in the past and planted the pennies to combat them??

Hey LOTZ,

Looks like you've dug yourself up a mystery! Darn dogs no help, I was all set to detect our back yard when my wife brought home a 5 year old American Bulldog (or something like that) that's a 90 pound sturdy bag! I wouldn't care if there was a silver dollar under her mess, it would stay there or I would have to dig a rescue hole parallel to it then tunnel over to retrieve it.

Dumb dog puts out a pound for every 4 ounces she eats! If she was the golden goose Id be rich. Interesting finds though! Cant wait till you find more! Must be something else in there with all those pennies.

Back
Top Bottom