Do A Good Turn Daily!

TECTONATOR

Round on the Ends & Hi in the Middle = OHIO
We took the Scouts to the winter lodge last weekend.
As we were getting started out on a short hike through the woods, the camp manager approached us and asked to keep an eye out for a large silver knife. It had been lost a few weeks earlier by another scout leader and had sentimental value. It had been given to him years ago by his wife and son on Father's day. He had been back several times looking for it to no avail.
Well, my son and I told the camp manager that we had our detectors with us and we'd be happy to look for it! With his blessing, that afternoon we looked in an area where it possibly could be.
After about an hour, I found a knife. This one was about 2" down in the dirt and did not fit the description. It was cool, though...handle shaped like an Eagle's head. We kept looking. About 15min after that, my son (CaptainClad) found the Gerber knife we were looking for... with his ACE350. It was buried in 5" of snow and ice.
We gave the knife to the manager and he called the person who lost it. He was so happy to be re-united with his knife that he drove out to the camp THAT NIGHT! He also brought enough peanut butter cookies for the whole troop.
Here are pics of both knives that we found in that one area.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 686
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 653
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 666
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 666
Nice, cool that you found it for him. I always brought my detector on scout trips, I had a lot of luck at some of the camps, even found my first large cent at a summer camp with my Classic ID.

Excellent and everyone should have this philosophy.

WTG , those lost & found stories , and making someone's day are always the best , the eagle handle knife is also very cool .

Very cool story, nice to hear someone takes the time out to find something that meant a lot to someone else.

Great story. Love when one of us lends a helping hand. Also nice to see you out and active with the Boy Scouts. Lotta great memories for me.

Congrats to you and your son for finding the guy's knife. I have the eagle head knife in my collection of toys. Does it still have the ruby chips for eyes? I couldn't tell from your pic.

Back
Top Bottom