It took me two years to find an awesome spot!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Since our St. Augustine beaches are terribly sanded in my friend and I headed south Feb 1st to find a new spot. One spot we tried produced a Tiffany bracelet so we decided to hit that spot again next chance we got. That day would be 2-13-14 and I found a gold ruby ring. Then on the 15th I pulled out 4 rings, one of them a gold band. Then for the next two weeks many more rings were found. One of the days produced a record for me of 7 rings!

Here's what I pulled out of there over the two weeks. Oddly enough, my friend Mike who hunted daily with me, only found one piece of jewelry, a cheap toe ring.

Almost all of the nickels we pulled out of this area were from the 1950's, the dimes oddly enough were from the 1960's and the quarters mostly from the 1960's and 1970's. The pennies were too corroded to tell dates on most of them, what was left of them.

Sadly though yesterday the entire area was buried under tons of sand again, our deep rut is gone and it leaves me wanting to go rent a back-hoe :)

I have been spoiled these past two weeks! Hope I can find another spot like that one soon!

More photos deeper into the replies. As of 3-7-14 21 rings have been found in that sweet spot!

Attachments

• 2 days 2 rings 5 earrings 1 necklace.jpg
    2 days 2 rings 5 earrings 1 necklace.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 959
  • 4 ring day 2-15-14.jpg
    4 ring day 2-15-14.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 974
  • bible 2-24-14.jpg
    bible 2-24-14.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 946
  • charm 2-25-14.jpg
    charm 2-25-14.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 941
  • ring 2-12-14.jpg
    ring 2-12-14.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 956
  • ring 2-25-14.jpg
    ring 2-25-14.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 945
  • 2 rings.jpg
    2 rings.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 932
  • 7 rings take 2.jpg
    7 rings take 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 939
  • bracelet  2-1-14.jpg
    bracelet 2-1-14.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 939
  • ring 2-28-14.jpg
    ring 2-28-14.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • ring 2-20-14.jpg
    ring 2-20-14.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 935
Wow! Looks like a great place! I particularly love that little Bible! I hope the tides and winds provide you with a new cut to hunt!

That was a great run! Congrats on all the bling!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

really great ,what was your friend mike doing different not to find much as you ,did he have a different MD ,what!? wow cover up.:(

Yes this was a beach hunt. :)

Mike uses an older machine, I'll find out the brand and post it. He uses a small 8 inch white coil. He finds things deeper than I can but covers way less ground. I use the whites DFX-300 with the Bigfoot coil and consistently out hunt him.

But my friend Fred goes with me as well and he uses my spare DFX with a Bigfoot coil and I consistently out hunt him as well but his problem is he moves way too fast, swings way too fast and doesn't keep the coil flat as close to the ground as he can get it. He swings the coil more at a 25 degree angle with the tip in the air no matter how much I try to correct him as he tires quickly at 83 years old it quickly ends back up in the air. He pulls out pennies mostly. He's missing all of the gold sounds as they are softer and easily missed by how fast and high he swings. Also Fred takes forever to locate the target once he starts digging where I tend to have it out in a few seconds.

Mike should have been pulling out more jewelry. I tease him and tell him it's because I tithe! :)

Wow! Looks like a great place! I particularly love that little Bible! I hope the tides and winds provide you with a new cut to hunt!

I love the bible find as well, it's my favorite with the ruby/diamond ring in a close second place :)

Yes this was a beach hunt. :)

Mike uses an older machine, I'll find out the brand and post it. He uses a small 8 inch white coil. He finds things deeper than I can but covers way less ground. I use the whites DFX-300 with the Bigfoot coil and consistently out hunt him.

But my friend Fred goes with me as well and he uses my spare DFX with a Bigfoot coil and I consistently out hunt him as well but his problem is he moves way too fast, swings way too fast and doesn't keep the coil flat as close to the ground as he can get it. He swings the coil more at a 25 degree angle with the tip in the air no matter how much I try to correct him as he tires quickly at 83 years old it quickly ends back up in the air. He pulls out pennies mostly. He's missing all of the gold sounds as they are softer and easily missed by how fast and high he swings. Also Fred takes forever to locate the target once he starts digging where I tend to have it out in a few seconds.

Mike should have been pulling out more jewelry. I tease him and tell him it's because I tithe! :)

Now you see why I own two DFX's!:D Well done by anyones standards! Jealous you got a bigfoot coil though. Bidded on a couple and lost the bids.

I have to thank my friend Brent who I met while he was vacationing here and out metal detecting with the Bigfoot coil and DFX combination. I was using the prizm2 by whites and here he comes by with this big long coil thingy!

I'm now looking for another spare one if anyone has one for sale!

Now you see why I own two DFX's!:D Well done by anyones standards! Jealous you got a bigfoot coil though. Bidded on a couple and lost the bids.

Back
Top Bottom