News of a gold coin cache

Wall of Silver Upper Michigan

I was watching some You Tube videos the other day and come across one where a guy was being interviewed. A guy found a silver mine in the UP in Michigan around 1921 he helped out this bar owner up there and showed him the mine and he never dared to tell his story as the government would lock him up for selling silver without reporting and having a claim on the mine. The guy said there is gold coins in the mine the guy got paid for his silver . He had made a deal with him to split the money from selling silver to help him with his bills. The old man died and this guy had left his dog tags in the mine so people would know he had been there himself. He had caved in the enterance and the land was owned now by a corperation and nobody is allowed on the land. He said he seen the Wall of Silver and columns of silver to support the area where the wall of silver was. Wouldn't you love to find this place?
M6 Mike

A certain unnamed individual has told me that he has a line on a farm where hundreds (yes, hundreds) of jars full of silver and gold coins were buried and never retrieved. I don't know what I will have to do to get invited to that hunt but I am definitely doing it :lol:

I read that yesterday & said to my wife why cant that happen to me when I'm tearing apart out 100+ yr old house.

Must be nice... I don't ever expect to find treasure when I go out. For me this hobby is about getting outdoors. Yet, I still find no treasure! LOL

Before I go out I look at myself in the mirror and I say "no body likes you, you won't find any treasure today, and your mom dresses you funny" I walk out the door spend hours hunting and come back sore and cranky! :laughing:

My coin guy said years ago he was contacted by an old lady from his church who wanted to sell her husbands stash of gold and silver now that he had died.

He bought bags and bags of junk silver coins and many gold bars and coins. As he was leaving her home she waved at the acreage behind the house and said he buried most of it back there.

Lots of people did this in the past and still do. Check out this chart, 2% of the known gold in the world is "unaccounted for."

world gold.jpg

Unaccounted 2%

Thats us folks, time to get busy out there!!!!:yes:

Last edited:
My coin guy said years ago he was contacted by an old lady from his church who wanted to sell her husbands stash of gold and silver now that he had died.

He bought bags and bags of junk silver coins and many gold bars and coins. As he was leaving her home she waved at the acreage behind the house and said he buried most of it back there.

Lots of people did this in the past and still do. Check out this chart, 2% of the known gold in the world is "unaccounted for."

View attachment 141002

Unaccounted 2%

Thats us folks, time to get busy out there!!!!:yes:

2% is a whopping heap of gold.

But how does this World Gold Council know how much is unaccounted for? I don't get it.

The movement of gold is well documented. I'm sure they are using statistical analysis but even if there is some variation 2% is a huge amount of gold.

All the known gold in the world would fit into an eighty foot cube, or slightly larger. Another source (Wikipedia) claims 20 meters.

Going with 80 feet, that's 512,000 cubic feet.

2% of that would be 10,240 cubic feet.

It's 7:26am, so check my math, but I think it's a great reason to get digging.

The movement of gold is well documented. I'm sure they are using statistical analysis but even if there is some variation 2% is a huge amount of gold.

Yeah it is, so 2% they know is lost and then add in the % of jewelry that gets lost and we are talking some real opportunity here! ~ emoticonmoney.jpg

Back
Top Bottom