Partially Ended My Slump Today

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went to South Beach today. It wasn't my 1st choice since low tide was around 6:40 am but I wanted to get the hunt done early. I was there just after 6am and it was interesting to see how Irma impacted this beach differently form where I went last Thursday. I want in the water, but again that was not the place to hunt; fresh sand with canyons and valleys made it difficult terrain. It was especially difficult since the water was coming in a bit rough. The wet sand had acuter angles going into the water so that's the area I worked. I tried to find dips in the shoreline and that's where the majority of the targets came. However, even in the lower dipped areas the water came in roughly and you would have to brace yourself at times so as not to be knocked down -not to mention how quickly the sand would fill back in once you dug a scoop out. :digginahole: It was doing one of these dips that the silver ring with some thin gold layers on it came. Not a spectacular find, but at least it had some yellow to it. I saw 2 other :pirates: that were both working the same wet sand area in my 3½ hours there. After going 11 hunts without a yellow, and the last 2 weeks that I've had, I was happy with just getting out and getting these flakes of gold on that silver ring. :yes:

Attachments

• 9-24-17.jpg
    9-24-17.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 9-24-17 Ring.jpg
    9-24-17 Ring.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 345
I don't think the gold on that ring even gets me to a half slump! :lol:

:laughing:In my book, that ring meets the criterion for "not getting skunked"! :D

BTW, I got you covered for the next hurricane. Pick up a set of these and you can hunt during it....

Attachments

• hurricane glasses.jpg
    hurricane glasses.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 240
Nice! That's like my only recent 'gold' find (that 14k post on the back of an earring).

It's like- "I found gold!!!.......I mean........technically speaking. Yeah...." :lol:

But hey-- the big gold is out there. I'm content with my silvers and clad until the gold decides to return to me at last. :yes:

:laughing:In my book, that ring meets the criterion for "not getting skunked"! :D

BTW, I got you covered for the next hurricane. Pick up a set of these and you can hunt during it....

Thanks, but why would I want to detect during a hurricane with "a detector made out of aluminum cans that I can't even find a dime with"? :lol:

I would take that gold for sure..

Its a great idea just to keep an eye on conditions from time to time

A little gold it better than nuttin. At least something is moving in the sands. Sooner or later you'll haul in that bejeweled dagger from a sunken ship that got tossed on the beach by the high surf. Or at least that's what we all imagine.

What managers love to hear; partially, just about, almost lol
Looks thicker than just Plating so yeah it counts, just :lol:
Nice score Felix :yes:

Back
Top Bottom