5th time out and finaly hit the mother load.

JoeM1313

This was my 5th time out, all I found so far was junk. This time was differant. I finally found some coins, yes 11 cents. I found a 1999 dime and a 1977 penny. Now my detector is paying for itself. All i have to do is go out 1980 more times and it will be paid in full.

:lol: I know that feeling! Only I'm doing it the opposite way. Using a cheap detector and praying I find something that will help me pay for a better one. So far I have 44 cents in newer coins. :roll:

I was being sarcastic but i was excited to find my first coins. I too want a better detector. mine is kinds junky it beeps every 5 seconds and reads a differant metals over the same spot. I got an ebay clunker but saving for a better one because I do really enjoy going out. So good luck to everyone. I love seeing everyones cool finds although I do get a bit jelous.

When I got my first detector as a kid I had no idea what I was doing, I dug so much iron in those first few weeks it wasn't even funny. It took me probably a month before I found my first coin. Now with much better equipment and much more experience I find at least a coin every time I go out, sometimes a hundred or so on a good day.

Everyone will get there someday. :)

Just be patient, You will get better and better at it. Once you learn your detector will be finding more clad and less junk. My first hunt ever in 2 hours at the beach I found $3.50 and like 50 pull tabs. lol Well Good Luck!

I hunted for about 1/2 a month, several hours, before I found my first clad.
Just trash and empty holes till that point.
Then, a big time 59 cents came out of the ground for me.
Broke the dam.
Now I can find coins just about everywhere I hunt.
About $40 in the next 3 1/2 months.
By fall, I should have enough for a sniper coil I need for the tot lots.

Just keep practicing and learning, all goodies will find you, eventually.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 428
Back
Top Bottom