Back With a Vengeance! 2 Golds: A 14K Masonic Ring, And a 22K+ With Ice!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
It had been 43 days since I had been out on a hunt. A little hike oversees was keeping me preoccupied during that time. :sneaking: After settling down and some honey-do’s around the house, I got my gear ready on Tuesday for a planned afternoon low-tide hunt yesterday. (I figured that Josh and Sexton had been cleaning up while I was away and was hoping that they may have missed some things ;) ) It was so good to be back out in the water again my fellow :pirates:. Oftentimes, when going by and crossing those Spanish beaches, my mouth would water at the golden possibilities if I would’ve had a metal detector there. :iwish: Well no matter as that is now in the past. Let us focus on yesterday’s hunt. :yes:

I arrived to the beach and was hunting by 3:30 pm. About 6 minutes into the hunt on my 3rd target I look into the scoop and :dingding:. I did not take a closer look as bathers were nearby but I knew it was gold and I thought that it had a “real nice color to it”. I was elated at the thought that the “gold monkey” was now off my back and I could just leisurely enjoy the rest of the hunt (trying to get gold #2 of course like any true pirate!) I continued my hunt trying to work some sand shift changes that I had noticed on this beach from the last time I was there. Nothing really worked out in those areas. I then spent some time offshore and at about the 3 hour mark I again look in the scoop and :dingding:! I had bathers nearby again and put it away thinking I had gotten my 1st class ring. I had noticed that it had some tarnish on the inside and that some sand was coating the bottom of the ring. I thought it would be a 10K ring at that time that had been in the water for a while.

I decided to end my hunt just before the 4 hour mark and head home to celebrate my good fortune with a couple of glasses of wine. :wine2: In the car I put on my reading glasses and take a good look at the “class ring” and noticed it was not that but a Masonic ring. It also is unmarked but has initials on the inside which I know is a good sign. I also noticed that my 1st ring is SIGNIFICANTLY yellower than the Masonic ring. The yellower ring looked like it had been sized and had a tiny diamond. At home, I clean up the Masonic ring and acid test it and it passes the 14K with flying colors and weighs in at 9.62 grs. :thumbsup: That ring had to have been out there a decent amount of time to get like it did. The 1st ring weighs in at 4.92 grs. and passes my 22K test! The tiny diamond tests out good as well. :thumbsup: The Masonic ring has “DAS” initials and the diamond ring has a jeweler’s mark of “JM 159”. There is also another really tiny mark inside an oval that I can’t make out. I suspect this ring may be even higher than 22K but I can’t be definite on that. What a great 1st return hunt and I can't wait to get out there again!

Attachments

• 7-26-17.jpg
    7-26-17.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 7-26-17 Gold Ring 1.jpg
    7-26-17 Gold Ring 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 7-26-17 Gold Ring 2.jpg
    7-26-17 Gold Ring 2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 457
  • 7-26-17 Fits!.jpg
    7-26-17 Fits!.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 451
Those are some fantastic finds! Welcome back! Way to start off after the long hike!:dingding:

Some fine treasures felix!! And Good to see your back in the gold lane!

For verification this is really you, Put them on your busted up toes and submit another photo...:laughing:

I hope this certifies who I am now. :laughing: I think I'm going to lose at least 2 nails. :( The other nasty stuff are the 2 heal blisters which don't look as bad anymore along with a few more on the sides and bottom. My feet were the least of my issues though as I handled my foot issues very well. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on some more salt therapy for them! ;)

Attachments

• 20170727_133005.jpg
    20170727_133005.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 403
Way to get back into the groove, awesome scores.:yes:
:no:I could do without the foot shot, those aren't toe rings!!
DL

Last edited:
Congrats on two nice rings. I haven't been out since you left but I am returning to the water this weekend.

Holy shizzam! nice double whammy Felix! BTW the owner's of those rings called, they said to go ahead and keep the rings after looking at the foot picture!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom