My ace 250 arrived today

Ducksoup

I was really hoping to get my Ace 250 this past Saturday (it was only 10 miles away but UPS apparently isn't open for you to pick up packages here on Saturdays) because I was going to a friends house that had a homestead farm on it from the 1800's. I found a bunch of metal.. so much that it was annoying while using a Pioneer EV. Now that I have the ability to discriminate and see what most likely is under the dirt with my 250 I can't wait to hit that area again. Of course today its raining so I'm hampered in that regard but the weather will change in a little while.. its Michigan :D

Happy Hunting

The anticipation must be killing you! Best of luck with your Ace 250. I've used one all year so far and I've had good luck. You will too, it's a nice machine.. PM me if you need any help with the pin-pointing feature..

Bruce

envy

ya good luck with your high falootin detector (sniff) hope you find all the stuff i cant at the moment

Last edited:
The first thing I found with my new ace 250 was a small chunk of aluminum that looks like it broke off a candlestick or something of that sort. Buried in about 4" of woodchips. Haven't had a chance to do any detecting other than a brief 10 min search/learning sweep since then. The pioneer ev I used is my brother in laws and had absolutely no problem finding stuff.. it just didn't know what it had found so I would have to dig everything!

Hope to get out this weekend and check my parents yard.

Good luck in your hunts

Don't rely on that target ID. Yes, it can give you an idea what it MIGHT be, but it is by no means anywhere near foolproof. I found a silver/ruby ring that said it was a zinc penny. The two confederate miniballs were coming up as zinc penny. I don't know, but I'm guessing that each target ID covers what would be an equal range of numbers on a VDI machine.

Certain newer foil pieces can read a quarter for example. This isn't just this machine though. For two hours a friend and I walked around a sports field. He had a minelab $1100 machine and I had my Ace 250. We'd each go over every target and see what each machine said. 90% of the time when my machine was fooled so was his.

Back
Top Bottom