A Farmer’s Tale

Chipk

Elite Member
A farmer was hitching up his mule to plow his fields when the mule kicks him, breaking both legs.

The next day his wife visits him in the hospital and he laments that without plowing they could not plant a crop and they will soon lose the farm.

The wife tells him to relax because she has taken care of everything. Incredulous, he asks how?

She tells him, “Temember that old gold coin my grand daddy gave me? Well yesterday I took it to the coin shop in town and asked if it was worth much. They told me it was and asked where I got it. I told them it was a secret but we had found dozens in our fields.

Right now there’s 200 guys with metal detectors digging up the whole 200 acres!”

As far as the "story" goes...... Hey, none of those 200 detectorists likely found even one gold coin, but hopefully they found a few neat finds in exchange for "plowing" that field :laughing:

I thought this was real and was going to ask where, then read it again, realized it was just a story, then read it a third time to get the joke.

LOL! :lol:

Josh

Back
Top Bottom