FRUSTRATED with Minelab

And the folks in Fl who were the previous repair center did such an outstanding job that they did not fix my machine the first time around and i had to pay for both of the times i sent it to them.

Then later on it took 16 weeks for them to repair my machine. Could not get any answers at all. Total silence.

Now for three years the folks in Pa have been doing an outstanding job.

But for some reason they are currently swamped and folks forget the fiasco that was the repair center in Fl./

And the folks in Fl who were the previous repair center did such an outstanding job that they did not fix my machine the first time around and i had to pay for both of the times i sent it to them.

Then later on it took 16 weeks for them to repair my machine. Could not get any answers at all. Total silence.

Now for three years the folks in Pa have been doing an outstanding job.

But for some reason they are currently swamped and folks forget the fiasco that was the repair center in Fl./

I guess in my defense I never had an issue with mt E-Trac and never sent it in. I have had issues 3 times with one of my Equinox machines and 4 times with the other.

It's definitely an issue currently. Maybe their communication and speed prior was great, but at this moment there's problems.

I accidentally broke my CTX screen last weekend. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to arrange the repair (understanding that accidental damage isn't covered by warranty).

I called their phone number multiple times first thing monday morning. At no point was I able to speak to a human and was instead offered to leave a message or send an email. Figuring they must be busy I opted to send an email so they could respond when able. It took 2 days to get an initial vague response and the response was just asking for information which 90% of which was already included in my original email. I sent my second reply with the 10% additional info they wanted and it's now been over 48 hours without hearing anything. To me, multiple business day wait times for a simple email is pretty bad, and judging by the stories on this thread I anticipate it might take awhile to get anywhere with this situation..

I wish the parts were available to the public for anyone who doesn't care about warranty and can do their own repairs. I found the LCD available on Ebay easy enough and might just repair that myself but I also want the plastic front part of the screen housing replaced because that's scratched up too. I cannot find this part anywhere online and although I found it on their website it's not available to the public.

It's definitely an issue currently. Maybe their communication and speed prior was great, but at this moment there's problems.

I accidentally broke my CTX screen last weekend. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to arrange the repair (understanding that accidental damage isn't covered by warranty).

I called their phone number multiple times first thing monday morning. At no point was I able to speak to a human and was instead offered to leave a message or send an email. Figuring they must be busy I opted to send an email so they could respond when able. It took 2 days to get an initial vague response and the response was just asking for information which 90% of which was already included in my original email. I sent my second reply with the 10% additional info they wanted and it's now been over 48 hours without hearing anything. To me, multiple business day wait times for a simple email is pretty bad, and judging by the stories on this thread I anticipate it might take awhile to get anywhere with this situation..

I wish the parts were available to the public for anyone who doesn't care about warranty and can do their own repairs. I found the LCD available on Ebay easy enough and might just repair that myself but I also want the plastic front part of the screen housing replaced because that's scratched up too. I cannot find this part anywhere online and although I found it on their website it's not available to the public.

So many companies are trying to prevent customers from making their own repairs (or choosing their own person to do the repairs). There's a reason that the right-to-repair is an actual movement.

Okay, we get it, there are some MineLab haters here. Let's hear it from the people who have had nothing but excellent service from them. I'm one of those. Love my Xterra 705 and my next machine will be a MineLine until I see something better.

Right now if I went for a Minelab I'd probably choose a Vanquish 440 or 540 and not one of the Nox's, mostly for budgetary reasons. But to tell the truth even though I might come across as skeptical of Minelab in some of my posts, the most convincing of all the models I've been gleaning info on is the Etrac! I hear nothing but excellent reviews and total satisfaction from the comments.

I wish the parts were available to the public for anyone who doesn't care about warranty and can do their own repairs.

Yup, I needed a new case for my Garrett carrot and could have done it myself with ease. But I had to jump through hoops with Garrett and wait three weeks to get it back. Plus, it cost me $40 for parts and shipping.

No reason why they can't sell parts to the general public or have local repair shops fix the problems. Not an acceptable way to do business, in my opinion...

Yup, I needed a new case for my Garrett carrot and could have done it myself with ease. But I had to jump through hoops with Garrett and wait three weeks to get it back. Plus, it cost me $40 for parts and shipping.

No reason why they can't sell parts to the general public or have local repair shops fix the problems. Not an acceptable way to do business, in my opinion...

Reminds me of the time, my neighbor, after he saw me detecting at the park ad pulling up a quarter (which I gave), got an ace 250. Great starter. BUUUT he wasn't careful and had his massive dog smash the arm cuff to pieces. Went to Home depot and bought 4-inch pipe, sliced in half, drilled holes and walla, spray painted. Just buy another arm cuff, man! It did look super cool though.

Josh

Edit: Lol, found the same replacement armcuff for 10 bucks. One piece of 4 inch pvc is 21$.

I agree. The problem is that most consumers are ok with it.

One of the neat things about XP's Mi-4 and Mi-6 pinpointers is that they sell all the parts for them individually. You can buy the screws, caps, electronics and housing a la carte if you wanted to "build your own" if you so wished.

I sent my taxes in to the irs and they don't have any record of it!?? Might have been lost in the mail again or covid slowing everything down even Minelab?

I sent my taxes in to the irs and they don't have any record of it!?? Might have been lost in the mail again or covid slowing everything down even Minelab?

Oh, if they got it, they'll cash it pronto!

But I've noticed shipping delays. An overnight order I made this week with FedEx was delayed 1 day. And something I sent out via USPS has been delayed by at least one day.

Well well well, time for a meme to get everyone in a better mood!

say-what-rzm1af.jpg

BUUUT he wasn't careful and had his massive dog smash the arm cuff to pieces.

Yup, I snapped the arm cuff on my Ace 250 about a year after I bought it. The replacement was sturdier, so I never had that problem again. It was a definite flaw with the older Ace 250's, though.

Yup, I snapped the arm cuff on my Ace 250 about a year after I bought it. The replacement was sturdier, so I never had that problem again. It was a definite flaw with the older Ace 250's, though.

Yeah. It cracked a few days ago. He just ordered a metal one from what I remember as "detect-ed", and looks super cool. Oh, he also got a pinpointer too. And a lesche. And a sampson. And kneepads, gloves, foo foo juice (water spray), headphones, Z-lynk, and water boots. I'm going to have competition...

Josh

P.S. Oh no, he got a scoop too. :shock::shock:

So many companies are trying to prevent customers from making their own repairs (or choosing their own person to do the repairs). There's a reason that the right-to-repair is an actual movement.

Yeah for sure. I don't even care about the warranty and don't mind paying for the parts out of pocket.. I just wish I had access to them in general so I could get stuff done faster on my own versus being stuck in their slow system.

Well, just to be fair here I sent in somthing in for a very minor repair to Detector electronics and called after it arrived there yesterday..I was told 4 to 6 weeks before it would be fixed. It wasn’t a hard fix,just remove a few screws and replace a piece of rubber. I woulda done it myself but they wouldn’t sell me the part..
When I questioned the time frame I was told they were swamped in repairs.

Well, just to be fair here I sent in somthing in for a very minor repair to Detector electronics and called after it arrived there yesterday..I was told 4 to 6 weeks before it would be fixed. It wasn’t a hard fix,just remove a few screws and replace a piece of rubber. I woulda done it myself but they wouldn’t sell me the part..
When I questioned the time frame I was told they were swamped in repairs.
Again , more BS stories. If companies are that "swamped" , hire more people.

Again , more BS stories. If companies are that "swamped" , hire more people.

Have you tried to hire anyone for any position lately? It's like they make more money on unemployment with the Covid benefits than they do actually working. Not to mention no one wants to get dirty these days. :laughing:

That's just what I've been seeing in my industry. Your mileage may vary. ;)

Have you tried to hire anyone for any position lately? It's like they make more money on unemployment with the Covid benefits than they do actually working. Not to mention no one wants to get dirty these days. :laughing:

That's just what I've been seeing in my industry. Your mileage may vary. ;)

I am down in Florida right now and seeing the same thing lots of help wanted signs out.

Back
Top Bottom