Testing E-mail Notificatioon

I haven't gotten any email notifications of pm's since last Thursday.....I've got all the right stuff checked.......My email is good....What's happening??

I haven't gotten any email notifications of pm's since last Thursday.....I've got all the right stuff checked.......My email is good....What's happening??

Just wondering, do you use a sbcglobal.net e-mail account? That is what I use and may be somehow connected.

Same here!?!? Although, I had this happen once before, don't recall the fix or if it just cleared up on it's own?!?

Sounds like sbcglobal is getting tough on spam and is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If you guys use web mail to check your email, check and see if emails from the forum are winding up in your spam box. If so, put the forum's domain name in your white list.

If that's not it, you have to complain to your tech support folks and demand that emails coming from this domain be put in their white list.

It's not just your subscriptions but PM notifications as well.

I have been having this issue with yahoo.com and when I changed over to SBCglobal.net (also yahoo.com) it worked. Now I am not getting mine either at either address.... I might have to make a new email address at gmail or something just for my forums. :(

Sounds like sbcglobal is getting tough on spam and is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If you guys use web mail to check your email, check and see if emails from the forum are winding up in your spam box. If so, put the forum's domain name in your white list.

If that's not it, you have to complain to your tech support folks and demand that emails coming from this domain be put in their white list.

It's not just your subscriptions but PM notifications as well.

This seems to be an increasing problem on this site. I don't think the board has only a few yahoo/sbcglobal members either, if it knocked out ALL sbc/yahoo people then I could see it being on our end. But being a member of other vbulletin forums and other forums which use PHP type email notifications, I get those just fine in my sbc/yahoo email.

I don't want to tell you how to do things or anything to imply such things, but can you do me a huge favor being an admin... Can you verify you're not getting any email error notifications? To do this, please check:

Admin Control Panel -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Email Diagnostics

Essentially, if there is an error listed, it gives you the option to see what the mailer daemon error logs are saying is causing the problem. If there are no errors listed, then the issue is on the ISP/mailbox side of things.

Again, if it was SBC/Yahoo as a whole, the entire DNS/ISP would be blocked and no one with SBC/Yahoo would be receiving emails. And even still, they'd be filtered into spam folders.

okay... That all went way over my head.

It's mostly internal admin stuff... hopefully helps find the issues. I just changed my email address to gmail account and it works fine. The link i posted above has more info too from my last experience.

I switched to a @yahoo.com e-mail account I also have and am still not getting the notifications. I am thinking I will just setup a GMail account for use on the Forums.

I created a gmail account and changed to that in the Forum here and I am now receiving e-mail notification of threads I subscribe to, yipee!!:D

It is still not clear to me if the problem is on the Forum outgoing end or with AT&T/SBC/YAHOO??!!?

I created a gmail account and changed to that in the Forum here and I am now receiving e-mail notification of threads I subscribe to, yipee!!:D

It is still not clear to me if the problem is on the Forum outgoing end or with AT&T/SBC/YAHOO??!!?

....I sent a message to sbc about it and the link here to add to their list or whatever.....guess we'll see what happens....

We don't have any email servers or addresses blocked. We want members to get their emails. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom