• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CZ21 mounting bracket

Bayoutalker

Elite Member
I am looking for a bracket to mount the control box on my CZ to the shaft instead of the handle. I found a couple of threads on such an item but they are from 2016 and the links to Ebay are no longer valid. Is there still a way to get one of these?

I have the chest mount harness for water hunting but I want to use this for land hunts so I won't be as "attached" to it.

Cliff

I am looking for a bracket to mount the control box on my CZ to the shaft instead of the handle. I found a couple of threads on such an item but they are from 2016 and the links to Ebay are no longer valid. Is there still a way to get one of these?

I have the chest mount harness for water hunting but I want to use this for land hunts so I won't be as "attached" to it.

Cliff

Not sure what bracket was advertised, but Anderson makes shafts for the CZ-21.

https://www.andersondetectorshafts.com/products/metal-detector-shafts/fisher/

I hip mounted mine to take the weight off the shaft. The Lama wears his in front to quickly switch from AM to disc.

R5

Flgliderpilot on tnet use to make and sell them on ebay.
I would reach out to him.

I had a CZ and that thing was heavy which is why I went with a chest harness early on - as you did. Why would you want to swing all that weight? I would just get a lighter detector for the dirt.

I had a CZ and that thing was heavy which is why I went with a chest harness early on - as you did. Why would you want to swing all that weight? I would just get a lighter detector for the dirt.
I have an AT-Pro that I use on dirt mostly but the CZ seems to go deeper and it would give me a chance to get used to it's sounds.

You are right, the thing is heavy but for short hunts it's not bad, just unbalanced. The reason I don't like the chest harness is if I want to walk away from the detector for something. I have to remove headphones and the control box too and then don them again. It's for convenience. In the water, I have no reason to leave it behind.

Cliff

I dont know if this will help, but heres something I did...takes 15 minutes tops with a trolling motor battery box...I could either chest or hip mount the rig this way....I suppose a guy could extrapolate from here and cut a smaller plate and figure out how to quick mount it on a shaft using some common plastic "U" plumbing components popriveted on...?

Attachments

• harness 1.jpg
    harness 1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 306
  • harness 2.jpg
    harness 2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 311
  • harness 3.jpg
    harness 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 335
  • harness 4.jpg
    harness 4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 314
  • harness 5.jpg
    harness 5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 345
I saw that but I already have a chest harness. I'm looking to mount the box on the shaft below my forearm so I don't need to take off another piece to set the detector down.

Cliff

OK...I'm sort of seeing what you want in my mind...You wanna hang the brains underneath the shaft and under your forearm instead of on the top post...

Fab up a modified bracket per my pics and attach a length of the appropriate sized plastic pipe that fits over the shaft...probably that plastic waterline pipe with the right ID per the shafts OD...a Heat gun is helpful to manipulate and form this black plastic stuff...slide the pipe over the shaft...

OK...I'm sort of seeing what you want in my mind...You wanna hang the brains underneath the shaft and under your forearm instead of on the top post...

Fab up a modified bracket per my pics and attach a length of the appropriate sized plastic pipe that fits over the shaft...probably that plastic waterline pipe with the right ID per the shafts OD...a Heat gun is helpful to manipulate and form this black plastic stuff...slide the pipe over the shaft...
I might have to resort to DIY but I was hoping to find a something a bit more professional looking.

Cliff

Cliff I had that exact same under mount you wanted. Sent it with my CZ when I sold it last year. I had liked it as it was better weighted than the standard mount. It still could've used in my opinion raising the control box a bit higher for better weight balance.

That's a good idea! I hadn't thought about scope mounts. In fact I might even have some somewhere.

Cliff

Right? We all got various scope mounts sitting around!..take a look in your gear and see if you can fab up a really Cool CZ20/21 undershaft hanger!...A scope mount and a plastic battery box! I bet you can! Take some pics along the way and do us a post!...

Cliff
I've got a few laying around.. only problem is I'm in Asia. :lol: there yours if you pay the shipping.. I'll see if I can find the guys info that made them. He's in Florida

I've got a few laying around.. only problem is I'm in Asia. [emoji38] there yours if you pay the shipping.. I'll see if I can find the guys info that made them. He's in Florida
That might be more than they are worth. Thanks anyway.

Cliff

Cliff,

Here is what I ended up doing to attach my CZ20 to my Anderson shaft. I found a piece of heavy aluminum in my garage (got lucky). It can be any type of metal as long as it's slightly bendable. I cut to a bit wider than the width of the slots on the back of the CZ and bent in in a curve. That way I could fit a small bolt head under it. I won't go into details...check out the pictures. Not the neatest job but it works !

Attachments

• IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5900.jpg
    IMG_5900.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_5899.jpg
    IMG_5899.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 356
Back
Top Bottom