An Example Of The True All Metal Mode vs. Zero Discriminate Mode Using The AT Gold

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
TRUEALLMETALMODEVS.jpg

THE AIR TEST WAS DONE USING THE NEW GARRETT AT GOLD, 5" x 8" (14x20cm) PROformance DD SUBMERSIBLE SEARCHCOIL, GROUND BALANCE SET AT 75 WITH SENSITIVITY SET AT 7/8 BARS. TRUE ALL METAL MODE DEPTHS READINGS WERE OBTAINED FROM A DISTINCT INCREASE IN AUDIO WITH A POSITIVE THRESHOLD AUDIO, DISC 1 DEPTH READINGS WERE OBTAINED FROM A REPEATABLE AUDIOS MOVING THE TARGET OVER THE COIL AT A MODERATE SPEED.

The new AT Gold has a true all metal mode, unlike the AT Pro which has a zero discrimination mode. The true all metal mode gives better sensitivity and better depth compared to a zero discrimination mode. The zero discrimination mode picks up nearly all conductives in the matrix, the zero discrimination mode has pre-set parameters on both high and low conductors. For most applications, zero discrimination works well, as it is preset to pick up most common sought after targets such as coins, jewellery and many relics. Gold hunters like the true all metal mode, as it gives a sensitivity advantage, especially when combined with a positive change in audio when using the threshold feature. This also gives a depth advantage. I tried to prove this using the data above. The AT Gold also gives a VDI reading for targets, and you can also incorporate the iron audio to instantly identify iron. A great feature for all types of hunting.

And it is only an air test. Depth values will vary in your location. However, it does show the difference of a true all metal mode compared to a zero discrimination mode.

Attachments

• at gold (2).jpg
    at gold (2).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 997
Another very worthwhile post on the Garret AT Gold

Much thanks, really helps in setting my mind on that model to try ;)

Looks like its hot on gold rings. I know my at pro is. :)

Back
Top Bottom