• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Question about bounty hunter tracker IV. Or could be about any detector in general.

CD2125

Has anyone ever had false low battery signals from leaving detector out in the cold overnight? left it in my car and when i went out the next morning to hunt got a low battery signal. put spare ones in and got the same thing. Was curious if i was just getting a phantom low battery signal from the cold so i turned her back on earlier and didn't get the low battery signal? wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen?

Except lead acid, or lith ion, most other batteries go straight to hell below 35 or so... Once you warm them up they are good to go again, the cold does not hurt them, seems to just put them on hold.. My gramps used to keep his batteries in the freezer to keep them longer?! lol... Some days when it is really cold you can watch your batteries take a dump, 9V are really bad for this..

For using a cordless drill for an ice fishing auger (high amps), it is either litheum ion, or lead acid.. anything else, is toast.. FWIW...

You said a BH or any other MD, the above goes for anything with batteries..

$.02 from a hard water pirate!! "The treasure is in the hole"

<*)))>{

IMG_0007.jpg

Batteries should be stored in the fridge, otherwise they will discharge over time.

Keeping them in a freezer??? don't think that is a good idea for the reason Ice scratcher wrote....

If you at one time have to hunt in -20 degrees celsius, then put your spare batteries close to your body - otherwise you will find, that your spares are just as flat as the ones you are replacing :p

I've had the symptoms CD2125 mentioned, but it turned out, that a bit of dirt had found it's way to the battery box. after cleaning the terminals with some alchohol, everything was fine.

GL

/Steffen

Back
Top Bottom