Brrrrrrr!!!!

The Coldest Temperatures Ever Recorded in All 50 States

NOTE: This is as of November 03 2016 (and I don't think it includes wind chill)

https://weather.com/news/climate/news/coldest-temperature-recorded-50-states

From the above web site:

Every state in the continental U.S. has seen temperatures drop below zero, the only state that has not seen a subzero temperature is Hawaii.

Of course, as expected, the coldest temperature in the U.S. was set in Alaska. The mercury plummeted to 80 degrees below zero on Jan. 23, 1971 in Prospect Creek in central Alaska, north of Fairbanks.

The coldest temperature recorded in the contiguous U.S. is 70 degrees below zero, measured at Rogers Pass, Montana, on Jan. 20, 1954.

The oldest record was set on Jan. 22, 1885 on Mount Washington, New Hampshire, the highest peak in the Northeast, when the thermometer dropped to 50 degrees below zero.

coldestnov2016.jpg

Wow , didn't realize this country had seen those temps in my lifetime. Global warming my arse. I don't belive in global warming , I'm sure we're not an asset to the environment , but I believe it's just the earths cycles. Nothing we can do about Mother Nature.

I remember living in Maine in the late 70's/ early 80's and seeing an actual temperature of -48F with a 30 mph wind. wind chill was 78 below zero. For some reason I seem to remember a temp of -55F in the town of Allagash in Northern ME. but it is not recorded. maybe it was not an "official" temp.

Wow , didn't realize this country had seen those temps in my lifetime. Global warming my arse. I don't belive in global warming , I'm sure we're not an asset to the environment , but I believe it's just the earths cycles. Nothing we can do about Mother Nature.

I agree. We started during the ice age I America many moons ago. Them dirty old Cave Men started all this when they cooked their food on a fire...

KEN. :D

Back
Top Bottom