Advice on a Detector for 7 year old

grey_squirrel

A family member has asked for my advice on a detector for a 7 year old. She'd like to spend around a $100. I was thinking a Garrett 150 but not sure if it'd be too big. Thoughts?

We have a youngster in our club about the same age. His problem is the shaft length being too long. He was able to use several beep and dig machines, but they were all too long. He swings a Bounty Hunter, but liked the simplicity of my ACE 150. He didn't try, but I'm sure he could have used my 350 as well.

hobby lobby, bounty hunter tracker 4, you get a 40% off coupon and end up spending about 75...

Teknetics has a detector aimed at kids and it looked pretty nice. If i recall i think its a teknetics digitek. Cant remember the price though. Good luck to her hope she finds all the good stuff.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

I just bought our two granddaughters, ages 5 and 6, Bounty Hunter Juniors, They retail for $79.95, but after doing a lot of checking, I found them on Amazon for $40.11 each. The 5 year old has short legs and the 6 year old is tall, but the BH Jrs have adjustable shafts and worked just fine for each one. Later, when they get a little older, if they still want/like to " hunt for treasure" as they call it, I'll get them bigger and better units, probably one of the Ace models as I'm a big Garrett fan. We gave them to the girls the day before Thanksgiving as early Christmas presents so they would have time and weather to use them. They loved these units and both units worked pretty well. We "salted" an area with quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies at about 1 1/2 to two inches. They found some of the coins we buried and found other "treasure" too. They had us out with them the two days before it started raining. They had a blast and if this rain we're having ever stops, they'll want to go right back out again, I'm sure!

Pretty sure the go find has an adjustable shaft. The 20 is just a little over $100 if you shop around. I'm thinking of one for backpack bicycling.

There are a lot of go find videos on YouTube now.

7 yr old

The 7 year old will be able to run a Euro Tek Pro 8 inch coil, happy hunting,, one of the reasons I keep 3 of them around, incase I meet a girl with kids :laughing:

Find a White's prism

They come with a single tall man lower rod. I have a super short dive kit lower rod I will give you. That would make the overall about 3+ ft. Very light. A used Prism 2 can be had for 40 50 bucks if you scout ebay. maybe someone has one on this forum for cheap. Should you find one PM me for the rod.

Back
Top Bottom