Diamond in the rough (WATER)

Gold Digger 2

Elite Member
sorry, no picture just the story,,,,,,I headed out the other day to hunt and the waves were pushing and so was the tide,,,,,conditions were horrible,,,,,15 minutes in to the hunt I get this junk can slaw signal,,,,,,waves pushing me nearly off my feet after a second swing figured if it has not moved with the waves its buried, DIG,,,,,one scoop and I look and stare at the ring like I do any ring thinking of how it sounded and what it looked like,,,,,I said, well, its a little bit of gold and looks like a big stone,,,,,lying on its side, I picked it up, turned it toward me and said, dang sure looks good,,,,then, said a few words I cant repeat,,,,,:laughing:,,,,,finished the hunt which was not much more because the waves got too big and the storms came,,,,,at first was thought to be just over a carrot,,,,,a gemologist looked at it and said it was well over a carrot do the depth and was a serious find,,,,,,,:shock:,,,,,its been two years since the last big diamond I found which was just under a carrot in the dry sand,,,,,them big ones are there,,,,,never give up,,,,,almost walked right over this one,,,,,and given the beach I was hunting would maybe have passed it on a calm day,,,,,,at first thought it was a fresh drop because the conditions,,,,but after cleaning and the amount of tarnish that came off with the cleaner, it has been there a long, long time, just took a ruff day of waves to pop that one loose,,,,GL HH

Craig, before you start with no picture it didn't happen, I texted Dew a picture,,:lol:

Congrats!

Don't worry, I have found a few nice stones that I never posted either. ;)

Sweet ring......... still not as nice as the last one even thou it had a smaller diamond. You also said you were going on vacation....... dont expect a pull tab when you get back.:laughing:

Dew who........? gezzzzz from hero to zero.

Craig, before you start with no picture it didn't happen, I texted Dew a picture,,:lol:
Who said it was only Craig? ;) Congrats on the secret find anyway...shhhhh...

Attachments

• droids.jpg
    droids.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 343
Congrats GD, well deserved!! :clapping:

Totally understand the lack of picture(s).

Dew told me you got a good one....now head up north on vacation so there is more for Dew to get.....:p

Cliff

Awesome, but I can't believe no did this so I will LOL :laughing:

Carrot Ring, Carrots and Carat

Attachments

• carrot ring.jpg
    carrot ring.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 325
  • carrots.jpg
    carrots.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 324
  • carat.jpg
    carat.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 317
Thanks everyone for the kind words, maybe someday I will show the picture of it and a couple others I have stashed away,we all (including me) love pictures,,,,I love finding a good ring when it is COMPLETELY unexpected, I was deciding on one of two beaches when I pulled out of my driveway and flipped a coin to make the decision on which beach to hunt,,,,,

Cliff, there is barely a pull tab on any of my beaches right now, seriously, that hunt, I had a Felix penny, a quarter, and the rock,,,,,its been a tough year

Dew, when you see this one in person you will see it is a much better ring than the other one,,,,I know what you are saying about the other one, and don't want to describe the details of the setting but this one is set similar to the other and the picture I sent you does not do that justice, and yes, its much bigger than the last,,,,I suspect I know where you will be hunting when I am gone,,,,someone better drop one cause I don't think there is anything left,,,,:lol:

This South movement and high tides have burring it all. Its like the sand bars has sand bars.:lol: Its gotten shallow down here.... that tells you how much sand ive got. Anything heavy drops you best be out there or its going to be gone for awhile. Congrats again on the ring...... nice way to start a vacation.

Congratz on a great ring, I can see it in my Mind's Eye!! ;):D ( I have one or two like that myself, found but un posted!)

sorry, no picture just the story,,,,,,I headed out the other day to hunt and the waves were pushing and so was the tide,,,,,conditions were horrible,,,,,15 minutes in to the hunt I get this junk can slaw signal,,,,,,waves pushing me nearly off my feet after a second swing figured if it has not moved with the waves its buried, DIG,,,,,one scoop and I look and stare at the ring like I do any ring thinking of how it sounded and what it looked like,,,,,I said, well, its a little bit of gold and looks like a big stone,,,,,lying on its side, I picked it up, turned it toward me and said, dang sure looks good,,,,then, said a few words I cant repeat,,,,,:laughing:,,,,,finished the hunt which was not much more because the waves got too big and the storms came,,,,,at first was thought to be just over a carrot,,,,,a gemologist looked at it and said it was well over a carrot do the depth and was a serious find,,,,,,,:shock:,,,,,its been two years since the last big diamond I found which was just under a carrot in the dry sand,,,,,them big ones are there,,,,,never give up,,,,,almost walked right over this one,,,,,and given the beach I was hunting would maybe have passed it on a calm day,,,,,,at first thought it was a fresh drop because the conditions,,,,but after cleaning and the amount of tarnish that came off with the cleaner, it has been there a long, long time, just took a ruff day of waves to pop that one loose,,,,GL HH

Should I believe Dew? :lol: I have been so busy working including today I will give you a pass GD ;)

Back
Top Bottom