Narrowed it down to two

bskerj

I have been researching purchasing a new metal detector and have talked to a couple of sponsors here. I and my pocket book have narrowed it down to the AT Pro or AT Gold. From recommends here it sounds like the Pro is the way to go, but on the other side of the fence I may be using it for some prospecting since I live near old gold camps and towns. The difference in money of the two is not a concern since the Gold is the upper limit of my budget, I just want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. I will be using this detector mainly for coins and relic hunting. That being the case would the Pro be better or would I get a better all around detector by purchasing the Gold ? In laymens terms..why is the Gold more money ? I am not a techy kind of person so I was just wondering.:grin:

Before you jump on the AT Pro wagon take a good look at the Xterra 705 gold pack.

If you are not going in the water. Its a better detector for what you said you are hunting for. remember its just my opinion other will differ just wanted to through that out there for you

i believe the At Gold operates on a slightly higher frequency (18khz) than the Pro. that's why it's a bit better at picking up those smaller flakes of gold than the Pro.
other than that, i don't think there's any real difference.

Pete

The AT Gold also comes stock with a smaller coil which makes it more sensitive to gold. If you're primarily doing coin and relic hunting, go with the AT Pro for sure.

Send me a PM or give me a call if you have any other questions or looking for a great deal on either unit.

-Marc

check magazine

If you can, there is a article in the July/August 2011 issue of Gold Prospectors magazine about the AT Pro. It is buy Chris Gholson, a very well known nugget finder. He sells Minelabs but he gave the AT pro a good review, and he used it to find gold in quartz in the Bradshaw mts. in Arizona. I don't know about the AT gold model? Good luck HH

I realize you have narrowed your choices down to the two Garret models but I think given the little info about your hunting style that you are making a mistake. No other detector in your price range has the capabilities of the Xterra 705

Do your self a favor and go to Minelabs website and read "Understanding your Xterra"

The 705 with the 18.75khx coil is great on raw gold and fine Jewerly and coins, with the 7.5khz coil coins some relics and larger jewerly is well within your reach. The 3khz coil is great for relics and deep silver.

Where else can you buy one machine that with a coil change gives you an entirely different detector.

Call New England detectors price out the Xterra 705 gold pack with the other two coils then price aout the AT Pro And the AT Pro Gold and I think you will see the value

I have been researching purchasing a new metal detector and have talked to a couple of sponsors here. I and my pocket book have narrowed it down to the AT Pro or AT Gold. From recommends here it sounds like the Pro is the way to go, but on the other side of the fence I may be using it for some prospecting since I live near old gold camps and towns. The difference in money of the two is not a concern since the Gold is the upper limit of my budget, I just want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. I will be using this detector mainly for coins and relic hunting. That being the case would the Pro be better or would I get a better all around detector by purchasing the Gold ? In laymens terms..why is the Gold more money ? I am not a techy kind of person so I was just wondering.:grin:

If you have more questions please give me a call. There are a few tricks I can tell you to make it run even better.

Be glad to help you in any way I can! Bart.

Either machine at-pro/at-gold will do what you want, I've had the at-pro for over a year & have made some amazing finds with it but I'm wanting to try the at-gold, I like the idea of having a threshold..

Before you jump on the AT Pro wagon take a good look at the Xterra 705 gold pack.

If you are not going in the water. Its a better detector for what you said you are hunting for. remember its just my opinion other will differ just wanted to through that out there for you

Well,,, It's not Just your opinion.
I agree with you.
:cheers3:

Back
Top Bottom