Fisher 1266x

don716

Does anyone own one of these detectors and what would be a good price for one?I found one with 2 coils and in excellent shape.Is $300. too high?
Donny

1266 is an older model but a good relic hunter. In my opinion $300.00 is alittle high even w/two coils. Steve.

I had one back in the 80's. It was an improvement over the 1265 because you could pinpoint with it. They were both good detectors but for $300.00 I would buy a more modern one.

I would say a 1266x in excellent condition is worth $300 probably one of the best detectors that is a deep seeker ..yeah i know not a fancy electronic thing but a serious machine that i bet can still out perform many of the latest inventions :)

300 bux is a good price. I bought mine for that amount about 3 years ago - my second one. I wore out the first one, after using a 1265 for many years. I can afford another but cannot imagoine digging more than I have been. Especially good with 2 coils - if all works OK. steve in so az

All companies have their "cult machines" and the 1260 series covers Fisher's.

"Cult" machines are detectors that are considered "obsolete" by most folks but they still have a good number of very devoted users and seekers.

While I really like many old machines made by several different companies, I tend to favor the new models over the old.

The one exception would be Fisher. I think some of they're older machines were better.

But as for Tesoro, Garrett, Whites, Minelab...for the most part they just keep keeping better.

Badger

I had one back in the 80's. It was an improvement over the 1265 because you could pinpoint with it. They were both good detectors but for $300.00 I would buy a more modern one.

You can "pinpoint" with a "65"...Maybe your thinking of the "60X"??..My "65" has the option anyhow...And I wouldnt give mine up for $300.00! I'm sure it would SMOKE any NEW detector in THAT price range:shock:... Been/Still pulling DEEP since 1988...:cool:

I agree with with M-scope 1265X does pinpoint, and is still a deep seeker, Iv\'ve been using it since the 80's till I got the 1270,once you learn the sounds you'll be digging deep, and with a 10.5 coil even deeper full sen with knob out and Disc at a hair less then 5 (air test a nickel and back a hair) and rings will be comming up.

Hello. I'm still using my 1266-X and I'm very happy with the results all these years... Extremely good depth for small objects and good results in mineralized areas... It's not a fantastic beach detector but an excellent detector for relic and coin hunting in woods, mountains, fields, etc. Regards.

Back
Top Bottom