Nationwide consolidated GIS Plat Owner info

Very interesting. I just logged in to the site and found out that the county road commission owns just over an acre where I would like to search.

Not sure if that would be fair game or not?

thanx for the link. I just signed up. But I can't figure out how to make it show you a parcel owner's name. Can you shed some more navigational lights on this ?

thanx for the link. I just signed up. But I can't figure out how to make it show you a parcel owner's name. Can you shed some more navigational lights on this ?

If you are not...then you may need to login in order to see owner info... first you have to zoom all the way in on a property, double click to highlight, and then notice right hand side of screen where it says "ownership information"

.... and found out that the county road commission owns....

That sounds like "road right of way". Ie.: the landscape adjacent to roads, that is sort of like for pedestrians, shoulders, etc... And surprisingly, sometimes this space can be very large. Like out in the deserts of So. CA, NM, AZ, etc.... It can humorously stretch out to immense distances into the nothingness.

And I agree with ice-scratcher: go for it.

That's awesome, in about 5 minutes I just found the owners of 6 properties I've been wanting to hunt..:grin:

That sounds like "road right of way". Ie.: the landscape adjacent to roads, that is sort of like for pedestrians, shoulders, etc... And surprisingly, sometimes this space can be very large. Like out in the deserts of So. CA, NM, AZ, etc.... It can humorously stretch out to immense distances into the nothingness.

And I agree with ice-scratcher: go for it.

Here is the short story... Our farming community was started around 1820 when someone built a mill on a small river that empties into the much larger, St. Clair River.

Where the mill used to be, the county road commission owns a little over one acre on the river. They replaced the old bridge about ten years ago and to keep the traffic moving, they built the bridge next to the old one, tearing down the old one once the new one was completed. In the process, the county acquired the 1 acre.

I plan on hunting that site, looking for signs of the old mill and i want to hunt the river too.

Here is the short story... Our farming community was started around 1820 when someone built a mill on a small river that empties into the much larger, St. Clair River.

Where the mill used to be, the county road commission owns a little over one acre on the river. They replaced the old bridge about ten years ago and to keep the traffic moving, they built the bridge next to the old one, tearing down the old one once the new one was completed. In the process, the county acquired the 1 acre.

I plan on hunting that site, looking for signs of the old mill and i want to hunt the river too.

Be sure to show the finds on the show & tell section of FMDF. :mder:

If you are not...then you may need to login in order to see owner info... first you have to zoom all the way in on a property, double click to highlight, and then notice right hand side of screen where it says "ownership information"

Ah, I figured out my problem: I was trying to do it with individual house ownerships. But this site only works for larger farm type ownerships. Still a good site to have !

Back
Top Bottom