Etrac problems. Feedback?

busman1978

I am still in the noob stage with my etrac. I have been experimenting with several different programs and pointers, namely Goes4ever and the trashy park someone has listed on this site.

My big problem is that I cannot go above -2 on sensitivity on any program without it going nuts with what I think is feedback. I literally get dozens of signals every 30 seconds or so, even when the detector is several feet in the air. I have been 'learning' on this machine at my mother's house, which is a farmhouse from 1885. The problems may be from the large cross-country power line in her pasture, but I'm not sure. We also have very iron-rich soil, but not enough to cause the problems I am having.

Thanks in advance for help.

if your still just learning your machine i'd suggest that you just keep it in the stock program and don't mess with too many settings until you learn your machine or get atleast 30-40 hours on it, then toy with some settings and programs

I remember my first live e-Trac hunt at an old farmhouse. I couldn't get the machine stable and was getting mad. Then it dawned on me that there was an electric fence across the road. :roll:

The first thing I would do is make sure you have a good connection where the coil connects to the control box. Then I would look for sources of interference ( dog fence, electric fence, WIFI... well take a look at this article for EMI issues EMI Article )

One time I was detecting at my neighbors farm while they were filling the silos and I had to be out of LOS (line of sight) of the tractor running at the silos. I was a good 1/8 mile away and still was getting chatter. Once I was over the hill it cleared up. :wow:

Definitely try all in above posts. I had a cell tower by me one time and had to give up that area. Maybe factory reset your unit and use stock programs and a non trashy, non EMI area first to get hang of it. Good luck.

A buddy of mine and I detected a yard that had an invisible dog fence. It was the worst interference I've ever run into. It made his eTrac and my ATP both go nuts. Big disappointment as it was a really promising site.

You are trying to use that detector in the worst possible place! First, old farms are filled with every type of metallic garbage around. The yards were storage and repair places for all the equipment. Second, you have a massive power transmission line running through which DOES create electric interference with detectors.

I would suggest you leave it in the stock coin program and start out in a few local parks, preferably the tot-lots to learn the E-Trac's responses before you tackle harder stuff.

Make sure you you noise cancel and run it in auto sensitivity +3 and make sure you raise your coil high off the ground when doing so so you won't pick up any interference from ground objects

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

You are trying to use that detector in the worst possible place! First, old farms are filled with every type of metallic garbage around. The yards were storage and repair places for all the equipment. Second, you have a massive power transmission line running through which DOES create electric interference with detectors.

I would suggest you leave it in the stock coin program and start out in a few local parks, preferably the tot-lots to learn the E-Trac's responses before you tackle harder stuff.

More great advice!

Trashy areas are THE hardest places to detect. Takes great skill and patience. Neither of which I posses! lol

Yep..!!!!
Great advice.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom