Fisher F5 or and MD searching near TotLots

demyansk1942

Elite Member
Hi,

I was wondering, these totlots contain all this new equipment and the posts that come out of the ground are all metal. What does everyone do when they get close to the steel posts?

My F5 any suggestions?

Today, I had some little punk in his yard throwing stuff at me when I was in the totlot, I also found a bunch of pennies, looks like someone else doesn't want to pick them up,

I just don't get so close to the posts. I was getting signals from as far as a foot from them. Had to move on out. I'm using the same machine also.

Tot Lots

The Bounty Hunter I've used, I had to stay away from structure, but since I've upgraded to my AT Pro I can bounce as close as I feel with great results.

I think it's just depends on your machine and how it "plays" in the "tot lots".

I have an F5 and search this tot lot near me. It has the standard coil and I can get pretty darn close to the metal posts (found a quarter near one). Turn down your Threshold and gain a bit. It should do the trick. Normally, coins are found fairly shallow in tot lots that have mulch and a thin soil cover over the rubber mats. 2-4" at most.So lowering gain and Threshold will just remove interference and static at this detecting range.. Hope this helps. (I have an F2 as well,and use the small 5" coil near metal posts).

I have a Fisher F4 and its recovery is so fast that you can tell a signal as close as 6" from the common signal from the post. Sometimes you get that signal further out from the post, but its usually 5 or 6" down which usually I don't dig anyways.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the tips, How do you like the F5? Last year I was using the F2 for the most part and now I have the F5 and using it more. By the way, I was wondering, lets keep the tips on the f5 around, it helps

I almost stop my ace250 near the steel ladders and if coins are there at a shallow depth it will rapidly beep. The playground registers deep like 8+ inches(usually)

My Ace 350 does ok around posts but equipment that has rungs or crossbars like a ladder give me fits. THey show up like 8+ in depth.

thanks guys for the posts on the posts!!! I guess everyone has the same issue, the only thing I did the other day was use my Pointer by itself around the area or move the chips around.

Back
Top Bottom