Got asked to leave Park

ual10

I got out last Monday to a local public playground/park and had a guy pull up in a maintenence truck and told me I needed a permit he said he was the Borough Code enforcer and gave me his card. I was finishing up anyway and we had a talk, He said there was a person out the previous week digging up the ballfields and leaving ruts, etc. He had a valid point and I told him I only hunt tot-lots, benches and around trees, not on baseball diamonds or the middle of soccer fields. I'm going to the Borough hall my next day off and ask for a "Recreational metal detecting permit" ,They'll probably look at me like I have two heads. "Metal detecting prohibited" was not on the park rules sign. About 2 years ago I ran into this idiot at the same park hunting the tot lot, all he had was a cheap detetector and a brick hammer, no headphones, making noise and hacking up a tot-lot if you can believe it. He gave me some B.S. about how he found all the gold and silver and the Crown Jewels. If I see some idiot like this again, I'm not gonna be so polite. "comments please..."

Im still fairly new to this about 3 weeks but i went hunting with a fellow member from here we stopped at a park i noticed the totlot was hit and whomever it was never covered his holes back up now this will gives us a bad rap or they just might think they have a rodent problem go figure !

I have a permit for our city parks. Costs me $7 a year, but whatever. Our permits applications also state which parks are off limits (a couple specific parks and all soccer fields and golf courses) and that the permit can be revoked if necessary. Keeps the parks looking nice I guess. I wear my permit on a lanyard whenever I'm out MDing to make me look more "official".

We are also given a sticker that has to be placed on the MD but I didn't bother with that step.

As far as if it's a silly idea, when I got my permit, there was a stack of probabaly 100 pre-printed permits so in this 155,000 population town, I'm not the only MDer here.

We don't have that here,YET. I wouldn't mind paying $7 for a permit which gives me something to flash at anybody that gave me a hard time for being there.

I had the same thing happen to me the other day at lunch time.
As soon as I was walking to the playground from the street a city worker told me I cant be there and I need to leave now and he was going to call the cops if I don’t leave.

LOL I said ok I’ll leave when the cops tell me to leave. And every nail and glass that I find in this play ground I’ll leave also. He just turned around and walked away, Cops never came.

Yes, I don't mind paying a resonsonable fee for a permit. I have kids that play ball on these fields also, they should deal with the "Idiots" on an individual basis. I'm sure we all agree....

Yes, I don't mind paying a resonsonable fee for a permit. I have kids that play ball on these fields also, they should deal with the "Idiots" on an individual basis. I'm sure we all agree....

On the weekends when im at the tot lots I bring my three year old with me. :lol:

I was a member of the Tomball MD club here in Texas. We had a annual hunt at a Precint $ park in Tomball. Had held hunt there for several years. This time a lady with the historical society saw us and instead of asking what we were doing she went to the Constable of Precint 4 anf told him we were digging up antiquities! Now you can no longer hunt in any Precint4 park. Nothing was buries more than a half inch deep! Goody Two Shoes !

Back
Top Bottom