Old court house

papajohn

Do I stand a chance getting permission to hunt the grassy area in front of a court house it dates back to 1890 and has been used for concerts and town farmers market threw the years...now it is unused because a new one was built.

So who would I ask?I already called the parks director and have permission for all parks 15+ most 2-5 acres in size some 20-30.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 267
You never know. You may try asking someone at the new courthouse who you should contact. Just ask them who you need to see regarding who is in charge of upkeep on it. I bet theres some interesting stuff there. I got to hunt around my local courthouse and found several silvers and Indians. You may also mention that you would hunt it in the early hours as to not cause people to complain too much. Out of sight, out of mind so to speak.

Good Luck and keep us posted!
G2M

We also have museum here that was the original library dating back to 1910.I was thinking of maybe donating all historical find from the courts house to them if they would let me hunt there.

I wish the grass strips in the down town area where there original.all the old pictures I have seen all have concrete sidewalks that run all the way up to the road.I was also reading more on the court house and found out there is a time capsule buried on the ground with a large stone marking it.So I wonder if they would be worried a out me messing with that??

http://valdostamuseum.com/exhibitions/online-exhibits-2/places/lowndes-county-courthouse/

I was also reading more on the court house and found out there is a time capsule buried on the ground with a large stone marking it.So I wonder if they would be worried a out me messing with that??

Not if you don't tell them about it. Most likely nobody remembers it was even buried there. If you find it just put it back, cover it well and say nothing.

I will give them a call wed and post the results I guess the worse that can happen is they will say no.

I will give them a call wed and post the results I guess the worse that can happen is they will say no.

If you can, go talk to them in person. It's a lot harder for them to say no in person. Just be sure to look presentable. That way they can see who they are dealing with and put a face with the person wanting to hunt old history on their property.

G2M

Back
Top Bottom